Topics

RARE EPISODES OF FIVE OLD-TIME RADIO SOAP OPERAS #poll

Larry Maupin

During the past two days I have posted the same article on the above topic to both the Purchasing Group and the Main Group.  Thus far only one member has indicated that he would like to be able to hear them.  So I am creating a poll to see if any other members would be interested in them.  I expect to have them digitized soon, and depending on the cost may mail them on a thumb drive to all members who vote in this poll.  As usual, I pressed a wrong key and accidentally created a poll with only two answers.  Please ignore that one and if someone like Ryan can delete it, please do.  I will now attempt to create one with five answers.

Results

See Who Responded

jackies@tularosa.net

Larry:

I tried to vote for all 5 of them but it wold not work so I put Just Plain Bill down.  But I would love to listen to all of them.  I know my daughter and daughter-in-law would love to hear them also.

Sincerly
Jackie Schlageter

Jo

I second Jackie's comments.  While I haven't written before, I have greatly enjoyed your posts, Larry.

Richard Davenport

Please send the soap opera episodes to me and I will add them to my archives.

Richard

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:08:45 PM CDT, Jo <railbird@...> wrote:

I second Jackie's comments.  While I haven't written before, I have greatly enjoyed your posts, Larry.

Larry Maupin

Hello Richard.  Thank you for your kind words.  Please send me your mailing address and I will get them to you as soon as possible.  Also, in case I can't get them digitized locally, let me know if you have a cassette tape player.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Friday May 1 2020 1:11:12PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] RARE EPISODES OF FIVE OLD-TIME RADIO SOAP OPERAS

Richard

Labor ipse voluptas

--
Larry Maupin

Richard Davenport

Larry, I am at 6514 Ravendale Lane, Dallas, Texas 75214.  If you want to save costs, just upload them to me.  I use transfer now.  See link below.  It is free up to a certain size of file (4gb I believe).  Thanks for doing this.  I have a massive library that I am gradually working thru. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:17:39 PM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hello Richard.  Thank you for your kind words.  Please send me your mailing address and I will get them to you as soon as possible.  Also, in case I can't get them digitized locally, let me know if you have a cassette tape player.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Friday May 1 2020 1:11:12PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] RARE EPISODES OF FIVE OLD-TIME RADIO SOAP OPERAS

Richard

Labor ipse voluptas

--
Larry Maupin

B. J. Watkins

Larry, why not add all five to the OTRR library and then everybody can listen to them?

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...>
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2020 7:59 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] RARE EPISODES OF FIVE OLD-TIME RADIO SOAP OPERAS #poll

A new poll has been created:

During the past two days I have posted the same article on the above topic to both the Purchasing Group and the Main Group.  Thus far only one member has indicated that he would like to be able to hear them.  So I am creating a poll to see if any other members would be interested in them.  I expect to have them digitized soon, and depending on the cost may mail them on a thumb drive to all members who vote in this poll.  As usual, I pressed a wrong key and accidentally created a poll with only two answers.  Please ignore that one and if someone like Ryan can delete it, please do.  I will now attempt to create one with five answers.

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

Vote Now

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls only through the group's website.

--
Larry Maupin

Ryan Ellett

I agree, I think there's interest in all. I picked the one I'd never heard of.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:35:00 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

Larry, why not add all five to the OTRR library and then everybody can listen to them?

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] RARE EPISODES OF FIVE OLD-TIME RADIO SOAP OPERAS #poll

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

Vote Now

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls only through the group's website.

--
Larry Maupin

Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...>

Agreed.
I have a few sets and have not had time to pick the best audio sound with regard to bit rate.
If you add the set, we can take a look and perhaps get a handle on this series.
Larry

At 10:34 AM 5/1/2020, B. J. Watkins wrote:

----------
From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@columbus.rr.com>

During the past two days I have posted the same article on the above topic to both the Purchasing Group and the Main Group. Thus far only one member has indicated that he would like to be able to hear them. So I am creating a poll to see if any other members would be interested in them. I expect to have them digitized soon, and depending on the cost may mail them on a thumb drive to all members who vote in this poll. As usual, I pressed a wrong key and accidentally created a poll with only two answers. Please ignore that one and if someone like Ryan can delete it, please do. I will now attempt to create one with five answers.

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Foldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io%2Fg%2Fmain%2Fvote%3Fpollid%3D13280&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ceadf839832dc48800db608d7ede04093%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637239419712339873&sdata=VPAyDZe%2F8Ivgo8tJTOR3lYlIWswQTL2tfL6ePLXb1bY%3D&reserved=0>Vote Now

--
Larry Maupin

Agreed.
I have a few sets and have not had time to pick the best audio sound with regard to bit rate.
Larry

----------
From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@columbus.rr.com>

During the past two days I have posted the same article on the above topic to both the Purchasing Group and the Main Group. Thus far only one member has indicated that he would like to be able to hear them. So I am creating a poll to see if any other members would be interested in them. I expect to have them digitized soon, and depending on the cost may mail them on a thumb drive to all members who vote in this poll. As usual, I pressed a wrong key and accidentally created a poll with only two answers. Please ignore that one and if someone like Ryan can delete it, please do. I will now attempt to create one with five answers.

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Foldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io%2Fg%2Fmain%2Fvote%3Fpollid%3D13280&;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ceadf839832dc48800db608d7ede04093%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637239419712339873&sdata=VPAyDZe%2F8Ivgo8tJTOR3lYlIWswQTL2tfL6ePLXb1bY%3D&reserved=0>Vote Now

--
Larry Maupin

Sorry, I was referring to another message thread.
I was writing about Jungle Jim.
But as the former President of SPERDVAC, I submitted columns to Patrick monthly. I never had this problem and he always answered promptly.
Not sure what happened but perhaps your messages were never seen. He would not arbitrarily delete them.
I would try again.
Also either Barbara or I would be happy to forward then along if you like.
Sounds like an interesting article.
Larry

At 11:05 AM 5/1/2020, Larry Gassman wrote:
Agreed.
Larry

----------

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

--
Larry Maupin

But as the former President of SPERDVAC, I submitted columns to Patrick monthly. I never had this problem and he always answered promptly.
Not sure what happened but perhaps your messages were never seen. He would not arbitrarily delete them.
I would try again.
Larry

Agreed.
Larry

----------

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

--
Larry Maupin

I would try again.
Larry

Agreed.
Larry

----------

1. AGAINST THE STORM
2. THE BRIGHTER DAY
3. THE GUIDING LIGHT
4. MIDSTREAM
5. JUST PLAIN BILL

--
Larry Maupin