The Case of the Disappearing Corpse

Scott Galley

...or, Nick Carter and the Case of the Disappearing Show. The two copies I have of Nick Carter: 1946-04-09 - The Case of the Disappearing Corpse (same source, I suspect) cut out at 18:22. Does anyone have a complete copy?

Thanks in advance;
Scott

Richard Davenport

On Thursday, December 3, 2020, 6:48:28 PM CST, Scott Galley via groups.io <scottgalley@...> wrote:

...or, Nick Carter and the Case of the Disappearing Show. The two copies I have of Nick Carter: 1946-04-09 - The Case of the Disappearing Corpse (same source, I suspect) cut out at 18:22. Does anyone have a complete copy?

Thanks in advance;
Scott

Damon Fries

On 4 Dec 2020, at 01:48, Scott Galley via groups.io <scottgalley@...> wrote:

...or, Nick Carter and the Case of the Disappearing Show. The two copies I have of Nick Carter: 1946-04-09 - The Case of the Disappearing Corpse (same source, I suspect) cut out at 18:22. Does anyone have a complete copy?

Thanks in advance;
Scott

Scott Galley

Thank you all. Our lunch will be a little richer today, now that we can find out how Nick Carter and the Police Coroner get out of the cabin they're trapped in, and arrest... someone ...for murder.

To my ears, the villain (at least, I assume he's the villain; we shall hear at lunch) is Stacy Harris. Which brings up an interesting question. Nick Carter is a New York show, so did Stay Harris, like Frank Lovejoy, ply his trade in New York before he went to the West Coast? I know that he appears in at least one early episode of This is Your F.B.I, long before he become Special Agent Jim Taylor. Anyone ever bother to check this out? I'm sure the information is readily out there, I've just never looked.

Scott