Topics

Sears radio Theater

Walden Hughes

Hi Everybody,

I would suggest any article about new radio drama after 1962 should also include  the run of Sears and Mutual radio Theater for the two years it was on starting in the late 1970s.  Take care,

Walden

Ryan Ellett

There was also a General Mills Adventure Theater (ca. 1977 or 1978) or something along those lines, but it also had another name. Was it the same series as Mutual Radio Theater?

I don't remember either of those Ryan.  But I do think there could be a number of articles and perhaps even a book written on "The Silver Age of Radio."  If I write an article it will just be confined to the four series that Walden mentioned in his post on Friday, but if we define The Silver Age as perhaps 1963 to 1979 there is a lot of room for many publications on the programs during those years that reflect the spirit of old-time radio.  I don't think Chicken Man would make my list though.  You have the draw the line somewhere!