[mwotrc-members] April Meeting

Walden Hughes

From: mwotrc-members [mailto:mwotrc-members-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jim Pasquale
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:23 AM
To: Radio Club E-Mail Addys <mwotrc-members@...>
Subject: [mwotrc-members] April Meeting

Greetings, MWOTRC Members,

This Friday evening, we will have MWOTRC Zoom Meeting #12, for those of you keeping score at home.

For our First Fifteen, Jack French will tell us about “Irene Delroy”, one of the first crime-solvers on radio. She debuted in 1932 via a syndicated series produced and marketed by Transco of Hollywood during the Great Depression.  Irene was a musical film star for Warner Brothers and Transco allowed her to use her real name in this radio series.

This month, Jack’s “Fur and Feathers” quiz will concentrate on dogs, horses, and even flying friends in OTR.   Be prepared to answer questions about Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, and all the other creatures of nature that appeared on the airwaves, some of them on their very own shows.

For our main course, Frank  Morgan will tell us about my favorite OTR genre, police procedurals.

We look forward to seeing / hearing you all there.  Note that you do not need a computer to join the meeting.  You can join using a cell phone or land line.  Please see instructions below.

Important Note:  This meeting info must NOT be posted to broad social media platforms. That helps to protect us from disruption from "Zoom Bombers".

Topic: MWOTRC April 2021

Time: Apr 9, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 822 1627 9649

Passcode: 873820

OR

To join the meeting by phone:

1. Choose one of the phone numbers below:

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown, MD)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

2. Enter the meeting ID: 822 1627 9649

3. When prompted for your participant ID, just hit #

4. Enter the password:  873820

--

Jim Pasquale

Vice President – MWOTRC