Doug hit the number

Joe Webb

The kickstarter page is still at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1905033874/when-cecil-met-sally-the-cecil-and-sally-initiative/description
--

peterjaybird@...

Joe,

So you have Doug's email address?

Pete

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 07:30:23 AM EDT, Joe Webb via groups.io <drjoewebb@...> wrote:

Oh gosh that reminds me of the old old old joke
"I spent 90% of the money on booze and women... the rest I wasted"

Doug explained in one of his notes of the past few days that a stylus for the transcriptions costs $250 in some cases, and he can get only so many hours of playing out of them. He has been an extraordinarily generous person all these years, absorbing costs for equipment and supplies and never saying a word or griping about it. This is still massive commitment beyond the costs of the discs. And supporting the project even though its goal has been met can be done confidently that the funds will be used judiciously and appropriately.

--

Joe Webb

Oh gosh that reminds me of the old old old joke
"I spent 90% of the money on booze and women... the rest I wasted"

Doug explained in one of his notes of the past few days that a stylus for the transcriptions costs $250 in some cases, and he can get only so many hours of playing out of them. He has been an extraordinarily generous person all these years, absorbing costs for equipment and supplies and never saying a word or griping about it. This is still massive commitment beyond the costs of the discs. And supporting the project even though its goal has been met can be done confidently that the funds will be used judiciously and appropriately.

--

Kenny Long

Yes, he still has additional expenses to cover so more contributions won't go to waste for unnecessary things like beer and tequila! 

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 9:42 AM Walden Hughes <waldenhughes@...> wrote:

Great news,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Gassman
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 7:49 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io; OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Doug hit the number

He is now at $6300 with 51 backers.

Even though he has met his goal, you can still contribute through the end of June.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walden Hughes
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2021 10:26 PM
To: OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Doug hit the number

Hi Everybody,

Doug hit his number for the Kick Starter.  Take care,

Walden

Walden Hughes

Great news,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Gassman
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 7:49 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io; OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Doug hit the number

Even though he has met his goal, you can still contribute through the end of June.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walden Hughes

Hi Everybody,

Walden

Larry Gassman

Larry

Hi Everybody,

Walden

Walden Hughes

Hi Everybody,

Walden