Man From Homicide

Ryan Ellett

I have a set that was sent to me about a year ago but I've been waiting for Karl's article to finalize it. It is on my to-do list.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 12:39:38 PM CDT, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

After reading the article, I downloaded all the Man From Homicide files from the OTRR Lib.  About half of them have incorrect mp3 tags.   The incorrect ones all indicate Lone Ranger episodes....   :)

Bob

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:39 AM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If anyone hasn't read the latest issue of the Old Radio Times, it has a pretty extensive background on The Man From Homicide written by Karl Schadow. He probably dug up about everything there is to know about this short-lived series.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:32:35 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan You are correct that this was a limited summer time replacement series . It appears to have run from mid Jun through Sep 1951.
I did find a couple of interesting facts about the show.
It seems that Charles McGraw was intended to play the lead. But as we know, Dan Duryea eventually did.

Another interesting fact is that the show was written by Louis Vitties, who became a prolific writer of many well known Tv shows (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900134).

jj

Ryan Ellett

I'd like to get one more second-listener for this set. Mike Thomas did a listen through about a year and a half ago but since it's only nine episodes it'd be pretty easy for a second person to get through them.
Please let me know if interested,

Ryan, I'm sure you'll get some takers on this, but if nobody else volunteers before this weekend you can send them to me.

I'd like to get one more second-listener for this set. Mike Thomas did a listen through about a year and a half ago but since it's only nine episodes it'd be pretty easy for a second person to get through them.
Please let me know if interested,

StewGold

I;ve got ten episodes
?

On Thursday, 23 September 2021, 00:31:05 BST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Ryan, I'm sure you'll get some takers on this, but if nobody else volunteers before this weekend you can send them to me.

I'd like to get one more second-listener for this set. Mike Thomas did a listen through about a year and a half ago but since it's only nine episodes it'd be pretty easy for a second person to get through them.
Please let me know if interested,

Scott Mahan

Enumerate them.

Ryan, I'm sure you'll get some takers on this, but if nobody else volunteers before this weekend you can send them to me.

I'd like to get one more second-listener for this set. Mike Thomas did a listen through about a year and a half ago but since it's only nine episodes it'd be pretty easy for a second person to get through them.
Please let me know if interested,

Please check to see if one is a duplicate or maybe an AFRS version of an episode. The community only knows of 9 extant shows so a true 10th would be quite a find!

On Thursday, September 23, 2021, 06:36:45 AM CDT, Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

Enumerate them.

Ryan, I'm sure you'll get some takers on this, but if nobody else volunteers before this weekend you can send them to me.

I'd like to get one more second-listener for this set. Mike Thomas did a listen through about a year and a half ago but since it's only nine episodes it'd be pretty easy for a second person to get through them.
Please let me know if interested,

StewGold

My list is

16/06/50 Winthrop Case
25/06/51 Muriel Smith Case
09/07/51 Drug Addict Killed
16/07/51 Old Man Kelso
23/07/51 Eddie Kent Case
06/08/51 Drowned Girl
20/08/51 Wee Willie Baines Case
20/08/51 Steve Morton Case
03/09/51 Donald Shalberger
17/09/51 Lucille Forbes

Only just found them and have only heard 3 so far so no idea if there's a duplicate as yet. Regards, Leslie