A Salute to the Law (Nick Harris, Detective)

Ryan Ellett

We are working on a small Maintained set for the series A Salute to the Law. In our library, in Hickerson's guide, and on Goldin's site it is called Nick Harris, Detective but if you listen to the shows it is clearly called A Salute to the Law. That is also the name identified in a handful of mentions in the trades. This show ran for an astonishing 19 years beginning in 1923 and left the air in 1942 because Nick Harris died.
We have the following shows:
1934-02-13
1938-07-01
1938-07-08
1938-07-15
1938-07-22
1938-11-06
1939-05-23
1939-05-30
1939-06-27
1939-07-04
1940-03-17
1940-04-07

Goldin suggests 1934-02-20 also exists. In fact, our copy of 1934-02-13 originally had that date but upon listening one can tell it is 1934-02-13.

Anyone have anything to had to this series?
Ryan

Scott Mahan

That’s one more than I have. Look forward to getting it.

[...]

p_motsuk

I have one labeled "Nick Harris Detective 340221 - The Avenging Angel Strikes Again."

Looks like it could be the 2/20/34 episode.

It's only 22kHz. The sound is okay considering.

Would you like me to send it to you?

- Paul

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 8:17 PM Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

[...]

Sure, I can compare it to the others.

On Saturday, February 26, 2022, 07:57:37 PM CST, p_motsuk <motsuk@...> wrote:

[...]

I've attached the MP3 I have that's labeled "Nick Harris Detective 340221 - The Avenging Angel Strikes Again."

- Paul

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 9:39 PM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Paul, that was the missing 1934-02-20 episode, thank you! Now we have all 13 known shows for this series.