OTRR Purchasing Group - New Files added to OTRR Library

Paul Kornman

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

bob_pedersen@...

A few notes:

Aldrich Family,The 0000-00-00 Henry's Furnace Cleaning Business

This one should be dated November 7, 1940.

Attorney At Law 1938-02-09 6 TCOT Mother Who Wasn't

This one should be dated August 9, 1938.

Blondie 1949-11-18 6 Dagwood Bargains for Mr. Dither' Antique Transit

This should be dated November 17, 1949.

People Next Door  should be The Couple Next Door.

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Avast logo

adam

The Richard Diamond episode is an ART recreation. Not certain if it should be in the library but it seems like the recreation should be noted and the date corrected.

Sent from Mail for Windows

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Randy Watts

Blondie - 1944-06-26 - 247 - Opens with an Instriumental Tune. Alexander and the Spooks

A couple of notes about this one: The "instrumental tune" that opens the show is "It Ain't Necesssarily So," from PORGY AND BESS. Also, log listings give the title of this one as "Blondie Frightens a Ghost," which is consistent with the show's habit of starting every script title with "Blondie." They didn't start a title with "Dagwood" or "Alexander." It was always "Blondie's Husband" or "Blondie's Son."

<><><>

Blondie - 1945-04-29 - 292 - Dagwood's Extreme Diet

Log listings identify this one as "Blondie's Husband Diets." Likely accurate, for reasons given above. Their script titles always started with "Blondie."

Randy

<><><><><><><><><><>

On Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 06:43:51 PM CDT, Paul Kornman via groups.io <pkornman@...> wrote:

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Randy Watts

One other correction: those shows you have listed under the title PEOPLE NEXT DOOR -- The title of the series is THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR, not PEOPLE NEXT DOOR.

Randy

<><><><><><><><><><>

On Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 06:43:51 PM CDT, Paul Kornman via groups.io <pkornman@...> wrote:

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

bob_pedersen@...

Columbia Workshop, The 1938-01-22 Robert Owens

This one is actually Prophecy, from January 23, 1939.

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Avast logo

Paul Kornman

Thank you to all for the corrections. I think I've adjusted everything properly now.

FYI - the discrepancies were due to the names of the files themselves.

I don't have the knowledge or the time to listen to each of the files and discern these errors.

I rely on our researchers to let me know when there's something that needs fixing.

- Paul

B. J. Watkins

Paul, are any of the new or upgraded files in flac? I haven't found one so far.

Barbara

Thank you to all for the corrections. I think I've adjusted everything properly now.

FYI - the discrepancies were due to the names of the files themselves.

I don't have the knowledge or the time to listen to each of the files and discern these errors.

I rely on our researchers to let me know when there's something that needs fixing.

- Paul

Kevin Karweck

Hi, the Jack Carson show 9/19/45 shows up in the previous version of the Library though in the current version it’s The Jack Berch Show from 5/11/51.

On Jun 22, 2022, at 7:43 PM, Paul Kornman via groups.io <pkornman@...> wrote:

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Ken Arromdee

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, adam wrote:

The Richard Diamond episode is an ART recreation. Not certain if it should
be in the library but it seems like the recreation should be
noted and the date corrected.
I'm personally inclined think that we should save all recreations except for
unusual circumstances. There really aren't that many and they can be
important, especially in the case of serials. And we don't want them to get
lost, especially for recreations that were made in pre-Internet days.

[Meant to send to the group]

Randy Watts

Bob Hope - 1941-03-25 - 105 - Baseball. 1st-'Montadadao' (sp). A Visit to Guest Una Merkel's Plantation

<><><><><><>

The song is titled "Montevideo," not "Montadadao." I have a record of the same song by Harry James and His Orchestra, and "Montevideo" is how its spelled on the label.

Randy

On Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 06:43:51 PM CDT, Paul Kornman via groups.io <pkornman@...> wrote:

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

bob_pedersen@...

Bob Crosby Show, The 0000-00-00 15 Bob Sings 'No Love, No Nothing' with Guest, Mamie Chandler

The date on this one is December 26, 1943. The name of the guest is actually Mimi Chandler, daughter of the senator.

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

B. J. Watkins

Has anyone found any flac files?

Bob Crosby Show, The 0000-00-00 15 Bob Sings 'No Love, No Nothing' with Guest, Mamie Chandler

The date on this one is December 26, 1943. The name of the guest is actually Mimi Chandler, daughter of the senator.

About once a year, we take the OTRR Purchasing Group's files that were
  - acquired more than 12 months ago and
  - are not yet in the OTRR Library
and transfer them to the OTRR Library.

Here's a report showing which files have been added recently.

http://otrrlibrary.org/updates/OTRRPG-2022A.html

Some are upgrades in quality and some are for episodes that did not have any audio files.

(Click a row in the table to hear the audio file).

- Paul Kornman

Paul Kornman

Fixed.
Thanks for the help.
- Paul

Paul Kornman

I guess I wasn’t clear.
The flac files have been added to the OTRR Library’s storage space on our web hosting platform but they are NOT available through the OTRR Library interface (or the report I released last week).

If you want flac files, you should join the Purchasing Group.

 Paul

Michael Hingson

And how does one join the purchasing group please?

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The flac files have been added to the OTRR Library’s storage space on our web hosting platform but they are NOT available through the OTRR Library interface (or the report I released last week).

If you want flac files, you should join the Purchasing Group.

 Paul

Scott Mahan

Go to here: OTRRPurchasingGroup@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io | Home

And click on “Sign Up”. Most inexpensive and great fun.

And how does one join the purchasing group please?

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The flac files have been added to the OTRR Library’s storage space on our web hosting platform but they are NOT available through the OTRR Library interface (or the report I released last week).

If you want flac files, you should join the Purchasing Group.

 Paul

Paul Kornman

Fixed.

Thanks.
- Paul

Ryan Ellett

Email Jim Wood at OTR@..., he's in charge of purchasing group dues.

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 10:37:45 AM CDT, Michael Hingson <mike@...> wrote:

And how does one join the purchasing group please?

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The flac files have been added to the OTRR Library’s storage space on our web hosting platform but they are NOT available through the OTRR Library interface (or the report I released last week).

If you want flac files, you should join the Purchasing Group.

 Paul

B. J. Watkins

As a member how does one access the OTRR Library's storage space?