From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Anderson Family

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.

Okay, Larry, I sent a link to your email.

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM CST, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

Ryan,

The dubs that OTRR released were I believe at 64 KBPS.

I would be interested in hearing and comparing this new set with the released programs.

So yes, please send them along.

Larry

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.

Larry has spot-checked a few episodes of the Anderson Family so far and says the new dubs are nice upgrades over the current set available on our library. He indicated there is some light surface noise that could be removed. I know we have some good audio doctors in the group. Are any of you interested in trying your hand at doing some very modest cleaning?

Max Schmid

I can do de-clicking in batches. Set and forget.

So what's this new ILAM? Can't find the start of the thread!