Topics

Anderson Family

Ryan Ellett

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.
Ryan

Larry Gassman

Ryan,

The dubs that OTRR released were I believe at 64 KBPS.

I would be interested in hearing and comparing this new set with the released programs.

So yes, please send them along.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Anderson Family

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.
Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Okay, Larry, I sent a link to your email.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM CST, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

Ryan,

I would be interested in hearing and comparing this new set with the released programs.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io

Ryan

Richard Davenport

If you pull up the list of new files and then right click on the name header at the top of the window you can scroll down and select bit rate as a show option and see what the bit rate of the new set is right away.   I hope we have an upgrade. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:32:00 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Okay, Larry, I sent a link to your email.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM CST, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

Ryan,

Larry

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Larry has spot-checked a few episodes of the Anderson Family so far and says the new dubs are nice upgrades over the current set available on our library. He indicated there is some light surface noise that could be removed. I know we have some good audio doctors in the group. Are any of you interested in trying your hand at doing some very modest cleaning?
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

Max Schmid

I can do de-clicking in batches. Set and forget.

So what's this new ILAM? Can't find the start of the thread!