From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Anderson Family

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.

Okay, Larry, I sent a link to your email.

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM CST, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

Ryan,

The dubs that OTRR released were I believe at 64 KBPS.

I would be interested in hearing and comparing this new set with the released programs.

So yes, please send them along.

Larry

We received a donation of transcription dubs of the Anderson Family, episodes 1-38. Our library already has these current episodes but is there a fan of the show (or two, or three) interested in comparing these new recordings to the current recordings to see if they seem to be upgrades worth adding to our library? This is not something I'll get to anytime soon.

Larry has spot-checked a few episodes of the Anderson Family so far and says the new dubs are nice upgrades over the current set available on our library. He indicated there is some light surface noise that could be removed. I know we have some good audio doctors in the group. Are any of you interested in trying your hand at doing some very modest cleaning?

Max Schmid

I can do de-clicking in batches. Set and forget.

So what's this new ILAM? Can't find the start of the thread!

Philip Atchley

Thank you for the great information.

I often wondered what the (bk) was.  Unfortunately, because of the folder architecture I use,  to try to minimize "Path length" I usually rename many files and usually use a '_' between words to avoid blank spaces (when I posted on Multiply many years ago it didn't like empty spaces).  In most cases my files no longer have the (bk), if I'd known I'd have left it in there. . .

<>< 73 From "The Beaconeer's Lair" <><
Specializing in DXing NDBs (Longwave Beacons)
Phil, KO6BB, http://www.qsl.net/ko6bb/

HF/LF RADIOS:
YAESU: FTDX-101MP Xceiver, Dual SDR Receivers (~2020)
YAESU: FTDX-3000 Xceiver, DSP IF, 300Hz Roofing filter (~2019).
Icom: IC-7200 Xceiver, DSP IF & filters (~2015).
Uniden: SDS-200 Scanner, 25-1300MHz (2020)
Eton: Elite 750, (AKA Grundig Satelite 750 (2020)
HOMEBREW: 7 Tube+Rect 1v3 Regen RX for LF (built 2015)
SDRS: Perseus 10KHz-40MHz (2020)
Softrock Ensemble II LF Receiver (kit, 2017)
Softrock Ensemble II HF Receiver (Kit, 2019)
ACC: MFJ-993B Auto Antenna Matcher.
HOMEBREW LF-MF Pre-Amp, 8Hz Audio Filter.
HOMEBREW 4 Port Antenna Multicoupler, Feeds 4 RX's.
ANTENNAS: 88 foot Long Ladder-line fed dipole, 35 feet AGL for MW/SW.
Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop For LF/MW/SW at 17 Feet AGL
37 foot "Low Noise Vertical", 11 feet AGL for LF/MW/SW.
Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo Vertical, 14 feet AGL for 10M.
Diamond Discone 35 feet AGL for VHF/UHF.
Merced, Central California, 37, 18, 37N 120, 30, 6W CM97rh