Topics

Another neat note from the past....

Dan

...... in a box I'm transferring:

--
Happy Radio Trails!
Dan

Ryan Ellett

Very interesting Dan! I have done a lot of research on KMBC (Kansas City) - written two books about their performers - and have not run across any documentation about Jimmy Allen in their three archives that I've been in. I will have to look for that specifically during my next research trip, see I can turn anything up. I know they did record some of their local productions for audition purposes but sent their bigger acts to Chicago to record at World Broadcasting's studios.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 01:13:31 PM CST, Dan via groups.io <danwitkoske@...> wrote:

...... in a box I'm transferring:

--
Happy Radio Trails!
Dan

Richard Davenport

Ryan,
I went and grabbed the set of Magic Key that was in the OTRR library.  I then compared and merged them into my library.  What I wanted to tell you about is that many of mine are at 128 bit rate where the library ones are at 32.  I even have one at 320.  Magic Key - 0155 - 38-09-25 - 3rd Anniversary, Paderewski's U.S. Radio Debut.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 1:39:39 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Very interesting Dan! I have done a lot of research on KMBC (Kansas City) - written two books about their performers - and have not run across any documentation about Jimmy Allen in their three archives that I've been in. I will have to look for that specifically during my next research trip, see I can turn anything up. I know they did record some of their local productions for audition purposes but sent their bigger acts to Chicago to record at World Broadcasting's studios.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 01:13:31 PM CST, Dan via groups.io <danwitkoske@...> wrote:

...... in a box I'm transferring:

--
Happy Radio Trails!
Dan

Ryan Ellett

Richard,
If you pass them on to Paul Kornman he'd be able to replace the library copies.