Topics

Audacity Speed Change

Ryan Ellett

Can Audacity be used to adjust the speed of a file? I need to speed up a show by about a minute.

Ryan

David Lines

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can Audacity be used to adjust the speed of a file? I need to speed up a show by about a minute.

Ryan

Larry Gassman

Ryan,
Not sure, but I do it all the time with soud forge.
Let me know if you need help.
Larry

At 07:02 AM 5/5/2020, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:

Ryan

Larry Gassman

Ryan,
Not sure, but I do it all the time with soud forge.
Let me know if you need help.
Larry

At 07:02 AM 5/5/2020, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:

Ryan

Joe Webb

YES!
Highlight the image of the audio (ctrl+A)
Then on the toolbar Effect-Change Speed

--
----------
Suspense Collector's Companion - 2020 edition
available at Amazon
My Suspense radio series (CBS 1942-1962) historical and recording research website
The Whistler radio series (CBS 1942-1955) research website
The Big Story radio series (NBC 1947-1954) original news stories adapted for the series research website

Ryan Ellett

Thank you! It was so easy...

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:15:03 AM CDT, David Lines <lines.david@...> wrote:

Jim Wood

Yes it can

Jim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:02 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Audacity Speed Change

Ryan

Patrick Andre

If everything sounds low – like the recording was played back too slow, then use Effect/Change Speed.

If the file is just too long, but the recording sounds okay, then use Effect/Change Tempo.  It will maintain the pitch and keep people from sounding like chipmunks.

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Lines via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 07:09
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Audacity Speed Change

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ryan

C. Nava

Yes!

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Andre <pat@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 12:37:06 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

If everything sounds low – like the recording was played back too slow, then use Effect/Change Speed.

If the file is just too long, but the recording sounds okay, then use Effect/Change Tempo.  It will maintain the pitch and keep people from sounding like chipmunks.

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Lines via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 07:09
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io

Ryan