Topics

Big Show Revisited

Ryan Ellett

There seemed to be interest in updating The Big Show when I mentioned it in passing a few weeks back. I reaffirmed with Martin Grams that we can use the recordings he provided to those who Kickstarted his book a couple years ago. It contains every episode (1-58) plus an additional AFRS version of one episode.

My question for volunteers; are people willing to help update the documents we like to include in a Maintained set? There was very little in the prior release (2012). I think a bio of Tallulah Bankhead and a series synopsis at a minimum would be appreciated.  Can I get two people to help with those documents, one apiece? If I end up having to do both it will really add a chunk of time to the project.

A quick followup: There are no credits in the version (v. 3) on Archive.org. If anyone remembers who worked on it or has credits that are not in the last set, please pass them along.
Ryan

K & J Hammel

I can take a stab at a bio of Tallulah Bankhead.

Kathy

On Nov 16, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

f Tallulah Bankhead

Ryan Ellett

Thank you, Kathy!

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 8:24:53 PM CST, K & J Hammel <haml@...> wrote:

I can take a stab at a bio of Tallulah Bankhead.

Kathy
> On Nov 16, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> f Tallulah Bankhead

John Nicholson

I’ll do a synopsis of the series if nobody else has volunteered.

John Nicholson

On Nov 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Thank you, Kathy!

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 8:24:53 PM CST, K & J Hammel <haml@...> wrote:

I can take a stab at a bio of Tallulah Bankhead.

Kathy
> On Nov 16, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> f Tallulah Bankhead

Ryan Ellett

Thank you, John!

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 11:52:52 PM CST, John Nicholson <wryterjccc@...> wrote:

I’ll do a synopsis of the series if nobody else has volunteered.

John Nicholson

jackies@tularosa.net

Ryan:

I will try to do the Bio of Tallulah Bankhead if you would like me to. I
will try to find the information for you and put it in letter form.

Jackie

There seemed to be interest in updating The Big Show when I mentioned it

in passing a few weeks back. I reaffirmed with Martin Grams that we can
use the recordings he provided to those who Kickstarted his book a couple
years ago. It contains every episode (1-58) plus an additional AFRS
version of one episode.

My question for volunteers; are people willing to help update the
documents we like to include in a Maintained set? There was very little in
the prior release (2012). I think a bio of Tallulah Bankhead and a series
synopsis at a minimum would be appreciated.  Can I get two people to help
with those documents, one apiece? If I end up having to do both it will
really add a chunk of time to the project.

Jackie, thanks for the offer but I got a taker already.