Blue Hours Suspense Podcast question

Litsey, Alan

Dear Friends,

Blue Hours has deleted their Suspense podcasts on Soundcloud and other platforms.

A large number has also been removed from the Apple platform. Just wondering if anyone has any information.

I’ve been collecting these podcasts over the years, but it appears that Apple and other platforms have eliminated the download-friendly functionality.

Happy New Year!

Best, Alan

Joe Webb

Edited

I think John C Alsedek, the producer, wanted to just save some money
The podcasts are now at https://www.podchaser.com/creators/john-c-alsedek-107aWfhh3I/appearances
There have not been any new episodes in quite a while

I recorded an interview with John in 2018
https://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library%20Files/O%20Series/OTR%20Interviews%20with%20Joseph%20Webb/Suspense%20revival%20producer%20John%20Alsedek%202018-08-10.mp3

--

Litsey, Alan

Thank you, Joe. Oddly, the titles are present but the podcasts are no longer available. However, it is a great record of all extant episodes.

Thank you! Best, alan

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Joe Webb via groups.io <drjoewebb@...>
Date: Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 5:39 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Blue Hours Suspense Podcast question

I think John C Alsedek, the producer, wanted to just save some money
The podcasts are now at https://www.podchaser.com/creators/john-c-alsedek-107aWfhh3I/appearances
There have not been any new episodes in quite a while

They were all there a couple of weeks ago!!

Contact me offline

In the meantime, I will send him a note

I did send a note to John Alsedek and have not heard back, but he does not always get back right away.

But here are some things....

Back in April 2021 there was a Suspense stage performance at Austin Peay State U in Tennessee
https://www.apsu.edu/theatre-dance/seasons/suspense.php
The original script is here: https://www.apsu.edu/theatre-dance/current_student_info/suspenselivefull.pdf
There were three performances, all available on YouTube. Go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9_7AoR1oosjJR7J9S9Ybw to access them

At IMDb he had started listing the Suspense audio dramas so the actors could get credit when casting directors and others would look up their past performances -- this is the link for season 1 and all the others can be accessed using a dropdown on that page
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5006060/episodes?season=1
When you get to the later seasons, there are many episodes that were not released. It does list titles and plotlines.

A handful of episodes can be streamed from https://exchange.prx.org/series/33182-suspense?order=oldest_first
There are no other streaming sources that I can find

His Facebook and LinkedIn accounts have not had any notable activity for a while
He has been making personal posts to his Twitter account https://twitter.com/BlueHours

--

Litsey, Alan

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your generous research. So appreciate this information. I’m intrigued with the live performances, looking forward to checking this out.

Glad that the actors have the IMDb credits. I’ll have to check with my theatre buddy at Austin Peay on the Suspense performance.

Would love to do a project like this in my department at Birmingham-Southern College.

Hope you are having an enjoyable week.

Thanks again. Warm regards, Alan

On Jan 5, 2022, at 4:02 AM, Joe Webb via groups.io <drjoewebb@...> wrote:

[...]

GREAT NEWS!!

I heard this from John C Alsedek overnight:
I pulled most everything offline because I'm doing a total reorganization, including turning them into one-hour shows (back-to-back episodes with bridging narration). So I expect to have them back online probably mid-February.
He's doing fine and the project continues...