Casebook of Gregory Hood - actor identification

Brian Kavanaugh

Can anyone help identify the actors playing Gregory Hood and Sandy Taylor in the initial ABC episode? The information I have indicates that it should be Elliott Lewis (articles from then mention Jackson Beck replacing him three episodes after that, but that doesn't mean that's when it actually happened), but I have my doubts - and the cast credits aren't listed at the end. I have no information on who Sandy Taylor would be. Howard McNear was through at least June 1949, but even I can tell that's not him. :)

Here's a link to the episode, "The Carnival of Death", from 10/15/1949: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZFx7GXZtKFr8YXqieLyeNVJjtWlRFNfe3sX

Larry Gassman

Hi,

Gregory Hood is definitely Jackson Beck in this episode.

I know the voice of Taylor but do not recall his name.

Elliott Lewis had already come and gone as Gregory Hood in Hollywood.

The episode you speak about was done from New York.

Larry

Can anyone help identify the actors playing Gregory Hood and Sandy Taylor in the initial ABC episode? The information I have indicates that it should be Elliott Lewis (articles from then mention Jackson Beck replacing him three episodes after that, but that doesn't mean that's when it actually happened), but I have my doubts - and the cast credits aren't listed at the end. I have no information on who Sandy Taylor would be. Howard McNear was through at least June 1949, but even I can tell that's not him. :)

Here's a link to the episode, "The Carnival of Death", from 10/15/1949: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZFx7GXZtKFr8YXqieLyeNVJjtWlRFNfe3sX

Walden Hughes

I talk to Larry and he knows the voice is from many shows from the Shadow.  I check Goldin and a name listed on 10-15-49 is Martin Andrews,

Walden

Can anyone help identify the actors playing Gregory Hood and Sandy Taylor in the initial ABC episode? The information I have indicates that it should be Elliott Lewis (articles from then mention Jackson Beck replacing him three episodes after that, but that doesn't mean that's when it actually happened), but I have my doubts - and the cast credits aren't listed at the end. I have no information on who Sandy Taylor would be. Howard McNear was through at least June 1949, but even I can tell that's not him. :)

Here's a link to the episode, "The Carnival of Death", from 10/15/1949: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZFx7GXZtKFr8YXqieLyeNVJjtWlRFNfe3sX

Brian Kavanaugh

Thanks - that makes sense - especially since there were only four days between the last Mutual episode and the first ABC episode.

If you figure out who Taylor is - or anyone else in the cast for that episode - please let me know.