Topics

CBSRMT Mug

Ryan Ellett

Yet another Kickstarter. If you are a fan of CBS Radio Mystery Theater, here's an opportunity to pick up a CBSRMT branded mug. I don't know the gentleman behind the project but you don't see much modern OTR merchandise like this.
CBSRMT Mug

Ryan,
I noticed that the Renfrew listing in the DB was not complete.  Following the listed schedule on the notes I have created the full run of broadcast dates.

You have some errors further down in the schedule, at least if the patter follows the notes you are a day or so off on the dates.  I will be interested to see if we can get show title information at some point.

Here is the full run list...It should be a simple matter to copy it into Excel for further updating.

Rick

 36-03-03    0001    First Episode (ep 1-13 follow Tu, Fr, Sa schedule)
36-03-06    0002
36-03-07    0003
36-03-10    0004
36-03-13    0005
36-03-14    0006
36-03-17    0007
36-03-20    0008
36-03-21    0009
36-03-24    0010
36-03-27    0011
36-03-28    0012
36-03-30    0013    Schedule changes to Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri
36-03-31    0014
36-04-01    0015
36-04-03    0016
36-04-06    0017
36-04-07    0018
36-04-08    0019
36-04-10    0020
36-04-13    0021    - (broadcast schedule changes to Monday thru Friday @ 6:45pm thru end of run)
36-04-14    0022
36-04-15    0023
36-04-16    0024
36-04-17    0025
36-04-20    0026
36-04-21    0027
36-04-22    0028
36-04-23    0029
36-04-24    0030
36-04-27    0031
36-04-28    0032
36-04-29    0033
36-04-30    0034
36-05-01    0035
36-05-04    0036
36-05-05    0037
36-05-06    0038
36-05-07    0039
36-05-08    0040
36-05-11    0041
36-05-12    0042
36-05-13    0043
36-05-14    0044
36-05-15    0045
36-05-18    0046
36-05-19    0047
36-05-20    0048
36-05-21    0049
36-05-22    0050
36-05-25    0051
36-05-26    0052
36-05-27    0053
36-05-28    0054
36-05-29    0055
36-06-01    0056
36-06-02    0057
36-06-03    0058
36-06-05    0059
36-06-06    0060
36-06-08    0061
36-06-09    0062
36-06-10    0063
36-06-11    0064
36-06-12    0065
36-06-15    0066
36-06-16    0067
36-06-17    0068
36-06-18    0069
36-06-19    0070
36-06-22    0071
36-06-23    0072
36-06-24    0073
36-06-25    0074
36-06-26    0075
36-06-29    0076
36-06-30    0077
36-07-01    0078
36-07-02    0079
36-07-03    0080
36-07-06    0081
36-07-07    0082
36-07-08    0083
36-07-09    0084
36-07-10    0085
36-07-13    0086
36-07-14    0087
36-07-15    0088
36-07-16    0089
36-07-17    0090
36-07-20    0091
36-07-21    0092
36-07-22    0093
36-07-23    0094
36-07-24    0095
36-07-27    0096
36-07-28    0097
36-07-29    0098
36-07-30    0099
36-07-31    0100
36-08-03    0101
36-08-04    0102
36-08-05    0103
36-08-06    0104
36-08-07    0105
36-08-10    0106
36-08-11    0107
36-08-12    0108
36-08-13    0109
36-08-14    0110
36-08-17    0111
36-08-18    0112
36-08-19    0113
36-08-20    0114
36-08-21    0115
36-08-24    0116
36-08-25    0117
36-08-26    0118
36-08-27    0119
36-08-28    0120
36-08-31    0121
36-09-01    0122
36-09-02    0123
36-09-03    0124
36-09-04    0125
36-09-07    0126
36-09-08    0127
36-09-09    0128
36-09-10    0129
36-09-11    0130
36-09-14    0131
36-09-15    0132
36-09-16    0133
36-09-17    0134
36-09-18    0135
36-09-21    0136
36-09-22    0137
36-09-23    0138
36-09-24    0139
36-09-25    0140
36-09-28    0141
36-09-29    0142
36-09-30    0143
36-10-01    0144
36-10-02    0145
36-10-05    0146
36-10-06    0147
36-10-07    0148
36-10-08    0149
36-10-09    0150
36-10-12    0151
36-10-13    0152
36-10-14    0153
36-10-15    0154
36-10-16    0155
36-10-19    0156
36-10-20    0157
36-10-21    0158
36-10-22    0159
36-10-23    0160
36-10-26    0161
36-10-27    0162
36-10-28    0163
36-10-29    0164
36-10-30    0165
36-10-31    0166
36-11-02    0167
36-11-03    0168
36-11-04    0169
36-11-05    0170
36-11-06    0171
36-11-09    0172
36-11-10    0173
36-11-11    0174
36-11-12    0175
36-11-13    0176
36-11-16    0177
36-11-17    0178
36-11-18    0179
36-11-19    0180
36-11-23    0181
36-11-24    0182
36-11-25    0183
36-11-26    0184
36-11-27    0185
36-11-30    0186
36-12-01    0187
36-12-02    0188
36-12-03    0189
36-12-04    0190
36-12-07    0191
36-12-08    0192
36-12-09    0193
36-12-10    0194
36-12-11    0195
36-12-14    0196
36-12-15    0197
36-12-16    0198
36-12-17    0199
36-12-18    0200
36-12-21    0201
36-12-22    0202
36-12-23    0203
36-12-24    0204
36-12-25    0205
36-12-28    0206
36-12-29    0207
36-12-30    0208
36-12-31    0209
37-01-01    0210
37-01-04    0211
37-01-05    0212
37-01-06    0213
37-01-07    0214
37-01-08    0215
37-01-11    0216
37-01-12    0217
37-01-13    0218
37-01-14    0219
37-01-15    0220
37-01-18    0221
37-01-19    0222
37-01-20    0223
37-01-21    0224
37-01-22    0225
37-01-25    0226
37-01-26    0227
37-01-27    0228
37-01-28    0229
37-01-29    0230
37-02-01    0231
37-02-02    0232
37-02-03    0233
37-02-04    0234
37-02-05    0235
37-02-08    0236
37-02-09    0237
37-02-10    0238
37-02-11    0239
37-02-12    0240
37-02-15    0241
37-02-16    0242
37-02-17    0243
37-02-18    0244
37-02-19    0245
37-02-22    0246
37-02-23    0247
37-02-24    0248
37-02-25    0249
37-02-26    0250
37-03-01    0251
37-03-02    0252
37-03-03    0253
37-03-04    0254
37-03-05    0255    Final Episode
39-01-07    0001
39-01-14    0002
39-01-21    0003
39-01-28    0004
39-02-04    0005    The Bribe
39-02-11    0006
39-02-18    0007
39-02-25    0008
39-03-04    0009
39-03-11    0010
39-03-18    0011
39-03-25    0012
39-04-01    0013
39-04-08    0014
39-04-15    0015
39-04-22    0016
39-04-29    0017
39-05-06    0018
39-05-13    0019
39-05-20    0020
39-05-27    0021
39-06-03    0022
39-06-10    0023
39-06-17        Show on this date was pre-empted
39-06-24    0024
39-07-01    0025
39-07-08    0026
39-07-15    0027
39-07-22    0028
39-07-29    0029
39-08-05    0030
39-08-12    0031
39-08-19    0032
39-08-26    0033
39-09-02    0034
39-09-09    0035
39-09-16    0036
39-09-23    0037
39-09-30    0038
39-10-07    0039
39-10-14    0040
39-10-21    0041
39-10-28    0042
39-11-04    0043
39-11-11    0044
39-11-18    0045
39-11-25    0046
39-12-02    0047
39-12-09    0048
39-12-16    0049
39-12-23    0050
39-12-30    0051
40-01-06    0052
40-01-13    0053
40-01-20    0054
40-01-27    0055
40-02-03    0056
40-02-10    0057
40-02-17    0058
40-02-24    0059
40-03-02    0060
40-03-09    0061
40-03-16    0062
40-03-23    0063
40-03-30    0064
40-04-06    0065
40-04-13    0066
40-04-20    0067
40-04-27    0068
40-05-04    0069
40-05-11    0070
40-05-18    0071
40-05-25    0072
40-06-01    0073
40-06-08    0074
40-06-15    0075
40-06-22    0076
40-06-29    0077
40-07-06    0078
40-07-13    0079
40-07-20    0080
40-07-27    0081
40-08-03    0082
40-08-10    0083
40-08-17    0084
40-08-24    0085
40-08-31    0086
40-09-07    0087
40-09-14    0088
40-09-21        Show on this date was pre-empted
40-09-28    0089
40-10-05    0090
40-10-12    0091
* 48-03-15        Title Unknown [Audition]

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, September 11, 2020, 7:11:54 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Yet another Kickstarter. If you are a fan of CBS Radio Mystery Theater, here's an opportunity to pick up a CBSRMT branded mug. I don't know the gentleman behind the project but you don't see much modern OTR merchandise like this.
CBSRMT Mug

Martin's book will undoubtedly have the correct dates for the episodes and titles if the scripts were titled - not that we should go through and add all the episode titles to our database (that's one of the primary draws of his books). You're correct, I didn't see any Renfrew episodes in our library. Once he releases these new recordings I will see what his thoughts are on adding them to the library. In the past Martin has not cared because he recoups his costs through the Kickstarter. He specifically gave us permission to share the Big Shows he released along with his book a couple years back though I don't think we've gotten around to it.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 01:29 AM, Richard Davenport wrote:
Ryan,
I noticed that the Renfrew listing in the DB was not complete.  Following the listed schedule on the notes I have created the full run of broadcast dates.

You have some errors further down in the schedule, at least if the patter follows the notes you are a day or so off on the dates.  I will be interested to see if we can get show title information at some point.

Here is the full run list...It should be a simple matter to copy it into Excel for further updating.

Rick

B. J. Watkins

Please release those Big Shows, Ryan. Thanks.

[...]

I hope at some point to use them in an update to our set. It was last released in 2012, well before Martin's book came out so I'm sure the accompanying documentation could be updated with his research as well as the audio material.

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 10:36:39 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

[...]

Alan Kline

Are these upgrades or unreleased Big Show episodes? Let me add my humble plea as well...

Alan

On Sep 12, 2020, at 10:36 AM, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

[...]

I looked all over and could not find any listings other than the otttr date run.  Anyone know about titles available.

On Sep 12, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Alan Kline <alan@...> wrote:

[...]

I was speaking off the top of my head. What Martin's Kickstarter offered was "Making all 30 ninety-minute second season episodes of THE BIG SHOW from 1951-1952 available to collectors." I believe Martin commissioned to have them recorded directly from the original transcription records so the sound as nice as anyone is going to find. I'm embarrassed to say I've had these since the backers got them, about a year and a half ago, and have not listened to any.

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 12:42:07 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

I looked all over and could not find any listings other than the otttr date run.  Anyone know about titles available.

On Sep 12, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Alan Kline <alan@...> wrote:

Are these upgrades or unreleased Big Show episodes? Let me add my humble plea as well...

Alan

B. J. Watkins

Might I suggest just putting the second season in the otrr library now and later when you have nothing else to do, upgrade the whole set?

I was speaking off the top of my head. What Martin's Kickstarter offered was "Making all 30 ninety-minute second season episodes of THE BIG SHOW from 1951-1952 available to collectors." I believe Martin commissioned to have them recorded directly from the original transcription records so the sound as nice as anyone is going to find. I'm embarrassed to say I've had these since the backers got them, about a year and a half ago, and have not listened to any.

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 12:42:07 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

I looked all over and could not find any listings other than the otttr date run.  Anyone know about titles available.

On Sep 12, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Alan Kline <alan@...> wrote:

Are these upgrades or unreleased Big Show episodes? Let me add my humble plea as well...

Alan

Richard Davenport

Ok, I was able to locate more title information for the Big Show series. Here is the updated listing.

M:\OTR\B\Big Show (Nov 5, 1950 - Apr 20, 1952) 57\
Big Show - 0001 - 50-11-05 - Pinchpenny Goes To Hawaii - Guests -  Fred Allen, Jimmy Durante, Portland Hoffa, Ethel Merman, Paul Lukas, Russell Knight, Danny Thomas, Mindy Carson, Josse Ferrer, Frankie Lai.mp3
Big Show - 0002 - 50-11-12 - Sentiment - Guests - Graucho Marx, Ezio Pinza, Fanny Brice, Hanley Stafford, Frank Lovejoy, John Agar, Jane Powell.mp3
Big Show - 0003 - 50-11-19 - A Matter Of Perspective - Guests - Bob Hope, Eddie Cantor, Perry Como, Ray Middleton.mp3
Big Show - 0004 - 50-11-26 - Duffy's Tavern - Guests - Fred Allen, Jack Carson, Ed Wynn, Lauritz Melchoir, Ed Gardner.mp3
Big Show - 0005 - 50-12-03 - The Margaret Truman Show - Guests - Douglas Fairbanks jr., Phil Silvers, Fred Allen, Joan Davis, Margaret Truman.mp3
Big Show - 0006 - 50-12-10 - All The Sad Young Men - Guests - Edward Arnold, Charles Boyer, Jimmy Durante, Imogene Coca, Mindy Carson, Clifton Webb.mp3
Big Show - 0007 - 50-12-17 - The Women - Guests - Louis Armstrong, Bob Hope, Frankie Laine, Phil Harris, Deborah Kerr, Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, Dorothy McGuire.mp3
Big Show - 0008 - 50-12-24 - A Letter To Virginia - Guests - Robert Merrill, Bert Lahr, Jimmy Durante, Ed Wynn, Margaret O'Brien, Edith Piaf.  Christmas Program.mp3
Big Show - 0009 - 50-12-31 - Romeo And Juliet - Guests -  Vivian Blaine, Jose Ferrer, Sam Levine, Ken Murray, Margaret O'Brien, Gloria Swanson, Fran Warren.mp3
Big Show - 0010 - 51-01-07 - New Year's Party - Guests - Fred Allen, Danny Thomas, Edward G. Robinson, Marlene Dietrich, Phil Baker, Fran Warren.  New Year's Eve Program.mp3
Big Show - 0011 - 51-01-14 - The Magnificent Yankee - Guests - Jimmy Durante, Jack Carson, Martha Raye, Louis Calhern, Florence Desmond, Fran Warren.mp3
Big Show - 0012 - 51-01-21 - Born Yesterday - Guests - Fred Allen, Eddie Cantor, Judy Holliday, Vaughn Monroe, Gypsy Rose Lee, Patrice Munsel.mp3
Big Show - 0013 - 51-01-28 - A Farewell To Arms - Guests -  Danny Kaye, Gary Cooper, Ray Bolger, Rudy Vallee, Maxie Rosenbloom, Julie Wilson.mp3
Big Show - 0014 - 51-02-04 - Private Lives - Guests - Leo Durocher, Lorraine Day, Portland Hoffa, Judy Holliday, Robert Cummings, Fred Allen, Frankie Laine, Jane Pickens, Jimmie Durante.mp3
Big Show - 0015 - 51-02-11 - A Telephone Call - Guests - Gary Moore, Joan Davis, Judy Garland,  Gordon MacRae, The Andrews Sisters, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.mp3
Big Show - 0016 - 51-02-18 - Billy Budd - Guests - Fred Allen, Ed Wynn, Jack Carson, Lauritz Melchoir, Bea Lillie, The West Point Cadet Choir.mp3
Big Show - 0017 - 51-02-25 - The Man Who Came To Dinner - Guests - Jack Haley, Uta Hagen, Monty Woolley, Judy Holiday, Paul Kelly, Robert Merrill, Olson & Johnson.mp3
Big Show - 0018 - 51-03-04 - Second Threshold - Guests - Herb Shriner, Fred Allen, Ethel Merman, Frankie Laine, Margaret Truman, Clive Brooks, Herb Shriner.mp3
Big Show - 0019 - 51-03-04 - Baron Munchausen - Guests - Jimmy Durante, Bob Burns, Billie Eckstein, Evelyn Knight.mp3
Big Show - 0020 - 51-03-18 - Mamba's Daughters - Guests - Ethel Waters, Fred Allen, Eddie Cantor, Eddie Fisher, Phil Baker, Jan Peerce, Ella Fitzgerald.mp3
Big Show - 0021 - 51-03-25 - Anne Of A Thousand Days - Judy Holliday, Carmen Miranda, Rex Harrison, Lilli Palmer, Jimmy Durante, Don Cornell.mp3
Big Show - 0022 - 51-04-01 - Go For Broke - Groucho Marx, Bob Hope, Ethel Barrymore, Ezio Pinza, Van Johnson.mp3
Big Show - 0023 - 51-04-08 - Green Pastures - Fred Allen, Jimmy Durante, Rudy Vallee, Vivian Blaine, Jane Morgan.mp3
Big Show - 0024 - 51-04-15 - Romeo And Juliet - Eddie Cantor, Jack Carson, Olivia De Havilland, Eddy Arnold, Martha Raye, Phil Foster, Tommy Henrich, Evelyn Varden.mp3
Big Show - 0025 - 51-04-22 - The Devil's Disciple - Fred Allen, Joan Davis, Judy Holiday, Lisa Kirk, Fran Warren, Herb Shriner, Portland Hoffa, Dennis King  Author George Bernard Shaw.mp3
Big Show - 0026 - 51-04-29 - I Was A Communist For The FBI - Jimmy Durante, Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, Gordon MacRae, Frank Lovejoy, Rosemary Clooney, Matt Cvetic.mp3
Big Show - 0027 - 51-05-06 - Advice To The Little Peyton Girl - Groucho Marx, Fred Allen, Ginger Rogers, George Jessel, Margaret Truman (Final show of 1st season).mp3
Big Show - 0028 - 51-09-30 - Caesar And Cleopatra - George Sanders, Bea Lillie, Sir Laurence Olivier, Vivian Leigh (1st Show of 2nd Season) From London.mp3
Big Show - 0029 - 51-10-07 - From Paris - George Sanders, Gracie Fields, Josephine Baker, William Gargan.txt
Big Show - 0030 - 51-10-14 - Fred Allen, Jimmy Durante, Ethel Merman, George Sanders.txt
Big Show - 0031 - 51-10-21 - Marlene Dietrich, Frank Sinatra, The Andrews Sisters, Benny Goodman Orchestra, Margaret Truman, Herb Shriner.txt
Big Show - 0032 - 51-10-28 - Jimmy Durante, Jack Carson, James Mason, Pamala Mason, The Ink Spots, Ed Gardner, Dorothy Sarnoff.mp3
Big Show - 0033 - 51-11-04 - Groucho Marx, Judy Holliday, Joan Davis, George Sanders, Evelyn Knight, Herb Jeffries.txt
Big Show - 0034 - 51-11-11 - Sophie Tucker, Ken Murray, Morton Downey, Ann Sheridan, Jerry Lester,  June Valli.txt
Big Show - 0035 - 51-11-18 - Molly Goldberg -  Gertrude Berg, Fred Allen, Jack Pearl, Maxine Sullivan, Yul Brynner.txt
Big Show - 0036 - 51-11-25 - George Sanders, Martha Scott, Dane Clark, Phil Foster, Mary McCarty, Martha Wright.txt
Big Show - 0037 - 51-12-02 - Fred Allen, George Sanders, Lauritz Melchior, Paul McGrath, Ginger Rogers, Dolores Gray.txt
Big Show - 0038 - 51-12-09 - Jean Carroll, Hildegarde, Ann Southern, Ed Gardner.txt
Big Show - 0039 - 51-12-16 - Jack Carson, Rosiland Russell, Phil Silvers, Merv Griffin, Sara Vaughn.txt
Big Show - 0040 - 51-12-23 - Milton Berle, Margaret Truman, Robert Merrill, Ozzie Nelson & Harriet Hilliard, Alac Templeton, Meredith Wilson.txt
Big Show - 0041 - 51-12-30 - Fred Allen, Joan Davis, Georgia Gibbs, Johnny Johnstone, Gertrude Berg.txt
Big Show - 0042 - 52-01-06 - Vera Lynn, Claude Raines, Joan Davis, Herb Shriner, Bob Carroll, Jimmy Nelson.txt
Big Show - 0043 - 52-01-13 - Fred Allen, Vera Lynn, Phil Foster, Tony Bennett, June Havoc, Betty Hutton.txt
Big Show - 0044 - 52-01-20 - Vera Lynn, Jack Pearl, Earl Wrightson, Dick Powell, Shirley Booth.txt
Big Show - 0045 - 52-01-27 - Here We Are - Jack Carson, Tony Bavaar, Vera Lynn, Bob & Ray, Victor Borge, Jack Carson, James Barton.txt
Big Show - 0046 - 52-02-03 - Fred Allen, Vera Lynn, Ethel Merman, Jerry Colonna, Johnny Johnstone.txt
Big Show - 0047 - 52-02-10 - Fred Allen, Vera Lynn, Joan Davis, Claude Raines, Jean Sablon, Phil Foster.txt
Big Show - 0048 - 52-02-17 - Fred Allen, Vera Lynn, Joan Davis, Jane Pickens, Hoagy Carmichael.txt
Big Show - 0049 - 52-02-24 - Victor Borge, Ed Gardner, Robert Merrill, Gertrude Berg, Kay Armen.txt
Big Show - 0050 - 52-03-02 - Fred Allen, Rex Harrison. Lilli Palmer, Clark Dennis, Henny Youngman, Connee Boswell.txt
Big Show - 0051 - 52-03-09 - Cask Of Amontillado -  Phil Foster, Richard Easthan, Ethel Merman, Joe Frisco, Shepard Sturdwick, Peter Lorre, Fibber McGee & Molly.mp3
Big Show - 0052 - 52-03-16 - Fred Allen, Frank Sinatra, Peter Donald, William Gargan, Helen.txt
Big Show - 0053 - 52-03-23 - Victor Borge, Earl Wrightson. Marlene Dietrich, Cliff Hall, Paul Douglas, Jack Pearl, Rosemary Clooney.txt
Big Show - 0054 - 52-03-30 - Fred Allen, Phil Foster, Vivian Blaine, Judy Canova, Jan Murray.txt
Big Show - 0055 - 52-04-06 - Jane Russell, Judy Canova, Oscar Levant, Paul Winchell, Herb Jeffries, Toni Arden.txt
Big Show - 0056 - 52-04-13 - Groucho Marx, George Sanders, Jackie Miles, Peggy Lee, Fred Allen.txt
Big Show - 0057 - 52-04-20 - Fred Allen, Groucho Marx, Phil Foster, Ethel Merman, Julie Harris, Eddy Arnold.txt

Labor ipse voluptas