Chandu

Jim Jones

I have been updating and listening to Chandu the Magician. I am presently about 1/2 way through the "Search for Robert Regent". I thought this would be a good time to share the 1932 movie "Chandu the Magician" to any other Chandu fans. Frank Chandler (Chandu) is played by Edmund Lowe and Roxor is played by Bela Lugosi. In the 1934 serial  Bela Lugosi reverses his role and plays the part of Chandu. I also, have this serial and will be glad to share if anyone is interested in old cliff hanger serials.

Link to Chandu the Magician:
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZPhy3XZWsWikIfP2NS7tusuXwDjoJcSwHdV

jj

Gordon Johansen

Thanks for posting this Jim. It was a nice New Year surprise. I'm just starting to watch it now as I'm on a bit of an old movie and serials kick at the moment. I just spotted Batman and Robin, Master Key and many others on youtube. I'd love to see the Chandu serial if you would be so kind to share it.

Thanks again,

Gord

--
Sent from Postbox

Rosalie Lunger

Thank you so much for this movie. I love the old B&W movies..

Disclaimer
All movies/music/books we send are for evaluation purposes.
We receive NO financial gain from sharing these movies/music with you.
These movies/music are copyrighted by the artists and/or their companies.
This is a *NON PROFIT* List.
~Fair Use Act~
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is being distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purpose only.
Copyrights retained by the original artist.
No copyright infringement intended.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 5:46 PM Gordon Johansen <gordonjohansen@...> wrote:
[...]

Richard Davenport

Since the topic of serial movies is out I would like to mention that I am working with a serial restoration expert that is working to get a viewing channel up and running.  It would be subscription based, but reasonable.   I was able to get him a copy from Canada of most of The Crimson Stain Mystery and it is in the process of being restored.  It is not complete but scripts are available and a recreation of some sort is being considered.   If you are interested in joining please let me know and I can send a collection of emails which would be notified as to the next step.  Much of the serial chapters out there seem to be just VHS rips.  He has had several serials stolen and redistributed without permission.  We are working from original film material in some cases.  The restorations are very well restored with sound and video repairs that make them look better than they have in years.  Please just drop me an email and I will add you to the list for more details in the coming days.  It is hoped it will become the NetFlix of serials.

On Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:29:44 PM CST, Rosalie Lunger <willowraven5741@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian Allen

Rick, please add me to the email list.  Thanks

On Thursday, January 6, 2022, 11:31:52 PM EST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan

rick,
please add me to the list
dan

--
Happy Radio Trails!
Dan

Jim Jones

For those who requested here is the 12 episode serial "The Return of Chandu". staring Bela Lugosi as Frank Chandler.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZDP23XZUow4G0qGzaFLhV2eVVmgTLLLnbH7

jj

Jim Wood

Thanks Jim, love those old serials!

Jim

For those who requested here is the 12 episode serial "The Return of Chandu". staring Bela Lugosi as Frank Chandler.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZDP23XZUow4G0qGzaFLhV2eVVmgTLLLnbH7

jj

Bill Venn

Thanks, Jim. Never got to see these, so I have a treat in store thanks to you!
Best,  Bill

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 10:17 PM Jim Wood <Jim@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim, love those old serials!

Jim

For those who requested here is the 12 episode serial "The Return of Chandu". staring Bela Lugosi as Frank Chandler.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZDP23XZUow4G0qGzaFLhV2eVVmgTLLLnbH7

jj

Gordon Johansen

Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to watching this.