Classroom Radio

Paul Kornman

A query from a visitor to our site: "I attended DeVilbiss High School in Toledo, Ohio, and graduated in 1964.  My course of study included two years of Radio Production, which included performances of scripts specitically written for (mostly) grades K-8. Many were historical dramas, and a few childrens books. The station was WTDS-FM, which had enough power to broadcast  throughout the city.  As we would perform, elementary teachers would hold a book in front of a class for the visuals, as we supplied the audio. Are there any recordings of this nature on file - anywhere? Not WTDS, but elsewhere?  I can remember two titles: Drummerboy for Montcalm, and Cochise of Arizona."

- Paul

Richard Davenport

Paul,
I was able to locate and article on the subject of WTDS...

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:52:01 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

The shows are called Books Bring Adventure.  I have 2 in my archives.

Books Bring Adventure - 0005 - 44-00-00 - Struggle Is Our Brother - Gregor Felsen
Books Bring Adventure - 0006 - 44-00-00 - When The Typhoon Blows - Elizabeth Foreman Lewis

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:52:58 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

I have noted that the OTRR library does not have a folder for Books Bring Adventure.

Here are my two if they can be added.

The sub set they fall under is from 1944 and is called One World

It ran from 1944 - 1948

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:55:02 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

They are now in the OTRR Library. Thanks for the donation.

- Paul