From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Allan Foster via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 12:43 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Ted has a collection of the 1975 shows

Boy, if somebody tries this looking at radio of the 1970's they'll have a real job on their hands.  Besides those shows already mentioned, there are all the shows written and produced by ZBS.  The Jack Flanders series, such as Moon Over Morocco, The Third Tower of Inverness, were produced throughout the 70's and into the 80's.  Plus radio shows like Chicken Man.  In the 80's ZBS produced the Ruby, the Galactic Gumshoe shows.  I"m pretty sure ZBS is still producing shows.  I don't think most here would lump them in with OTR, but they were definitely influenced by OTR but modernized.  They were/are legitimate radio theater though, and I thought very well written and produced.  I always lumped them in with NTR myself.

The beauty of writing a "taxonomy" article about a non-sciece subject is that the author gets to draw all the lines and set all the labels himself or herself.  That's freedom!

Allan

On Saturday, January 9, 2021, 2:13:56 PM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Michael, if somebody writes an article on "The Silver Age of Radio". he or she will have the most trouble trying to decide what to include.  It will be a lot of fun, but quite a challenge.