Topics

Download from the OTRR Library

Jim Jones

I have started compiling ILAM. Here is a problem I have with the library (If I can explain it). The new site at  Old Time Radio Researchers (otrr.org)     
lists 20 shows for " Fear That Crept Like a Cat" from 1939. I cannot download these shows. 

These shows are not listed in the old OTRR Library web page Old Time Radio Researchers (otrr.org)

Note: The 1939 shows are really the 1949 shows, and the 1949 shows are really the 1996 recreation shows.

I would like to get a copy of the 1939 shows (to include in the 1949 folder) or be able to download them from the Library.

Confused, but working it out.

jj

Ryan Ellett

Interesting. I tried a couple random series and also could not save the files. Maybe it's a temporary glitch?
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:10:44 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

I have started compiling ILAM. Here is a problem I have with the library (If I can explain it). The new site at  Old Time Radio Researchers (otrr.org)     
lists 20 shows for " Fear That Crept Like a Cat" from 1939. I cannot download these shows. 

These shows are not listed in the old OTRR Library web page Old Time Radio Researchers (otrr.org)

Note: The 1939 shows are really the 1949 shows, and the 1949 shows are really the 1996 recreation shows.

I would like to get a copy of the 1939 shows (to include in the 1949 folder) or be able to download them from the Library.

Confused, but working it out.

jj

Jim Jones

Ryan 
It is more than a glitch. It is a mystery!! And ILAM!! (I couldn't resist.)

On the NEW site, when you switch between the CHART view and the LIST view the following files disappear. 

They play, but don't download. 
The shows are dated 1939. However, the 1st 15 are actually Mutual broadcasts from 1949. The last 5 are from a 1996 recreation.

These shows are on the OLD web page, but with different titles and harder to find.

Also, IF ANYONE HAS "THE FEAR THAT CREPT (CREEPS) LIKE A CAT" EPISODES 16-20 WITH MUTUAL INTROS OR ENDINGS. starring J - Michael Raffetto, D - Barton Yarborough, R - Walter Paterson (not Jack - Les Tremayne, Doc Long-Tony Clay), that would be a great find and complete this series.

jj

Jim Jones

My mistake. These files are NOT on the old website. I confused them with "The Thing That Cries in the Night".

So I am looking for ANY "The Fear That Creeps Like a Cat" with a MUTUAL intro.

jj

Douglas Stivers

I went to the old site and played one, as it was playing I clicked on the three dots to the side and the download option came up and it did work.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 6:40 AM Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:
Ryan 

On the NEW site, when you switch between the CHART view and the LIST view the following files disappear. 

The shows are dated 1939. However, the 1st 15 are actually Mutual broadcasts from 1949. The last 5 are from a 1996 recreation.

These shows are on the OLD web page, but with different titles and harder to find.

Also, IF ANYONE HAS "THE FEAR THAT CREPT (CREEPS) LIKE A CAT" EPISODES 16-20 WITH MUTUAL INTROS OR ENDINGS. starring J - Michael Raffetto, D - Barton Yarborough, R - Walter Paterson (not Jack - Les Tremayne, Doc Long-Tony Clay), that would be a great find and complete this series.

jj

Jim Jones

Doug
Yes. The old site works fine. Downloads work as advertised. However, the old site does NOT have the files listed below. It does not have the 1939 (actually 1949) files of Fear That Crept Like a Cat. It does have listings for the 1949 files, but they are really the 1996 recreation files. This is what I am trying to straighten out.

The new site lists them, plays them, but does not download them.

Sorry for the confusion.

jj

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:22 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Download from the OTRR Library

I went to the old site and played one, as it was playing I clicked on the three dots to the side and the download option came up and it did work.

Ryan

Also, IF ANYONE HAS "THE FEAR THAT CREPT (CREEPS) LIKE A CAT" EPISODES 16-20 WITH MUTUAL INTROS OR ENDINGS. starring J - Michael Raffetto, D - Barton Yarborough, R - Walter Paterson (not Jack - Les Tremayne, Doc Long-Tony Clay), that would be a great find and complete this series.

jj

Douglas Stivers

I have a program called total recorder  from http://hcserv1.highcriteria.com/ which records anything played on your computer.  If you got the standard edition for $18, you could listen to the files and record them at the same time.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:
Doug
Yes. The old site works fine. Downloads work as advertised. However, the old site does NOT have the files listed below. It does not have the 1939 (actually 1949) files of Fear That Crept Like a Cat. It does have listings for the 1949 files, but they are really the 1996 recreation files. This is what I am trying to straighten out.

The new site lists them, plays them, but does not download them.

Sorry for the confusion.

jj

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:22 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io

Ryan

Also, IF ANYONE HAS "THE FEAR THAT CREPT (CREEPS) LIKE A CAT" EPISODES 16-20 WITH MUTUAL INTROS OR ENDINGS. starring J - Michael Raffetto, D - Barton Yarborough, R - Walter Paterson (not Jack - Les Tremayne, Doc Long-Tony Clay), that would be a great find and complete this series.

jj

Ryan Ellett

It looks like if you click on the episode it does not start playing right away. At that point you can right-click and download it.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:40:04 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan 

Jim Jones

Ryan
I just found out that if you click on file (table view) then right click on the player/select open audio in new tab/ the download button will work.
This is just for Table view.
This gets me the files I need.

jj

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 2:03 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

It looks like if you click on the episode it does not start playing right away. At that point you can right-click and download it.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

Ryan

Jim Jones

Finally figured it out! There are no ( actually there are 2) 1939 The Fear that Creeps Like a Cat files. The links to those files go to “The Thing that Cries in the Night” files.

jj

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 2:03 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

Ryan