Dropbox/OneDrive/pCloud - The Danny Kaye Show v2105 #new-distro

Brian Kavanaugh

An updated release of "The Danny Kaye Show" distro, version 2105, was announced in the Facebook group and the distro group, https://oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io/g/OTRRDistroGroup

Ryan Ellett

I know some members get frustrated when we do updated releases like this (and we have more in the works coming) at the expense of putting out new series. When a few of us talked about revamping the Maintained Set process (formerly Certified) after Jim's death we agreed that it would be good to try and do updates more often as well, so the wider hobby community could see that these sets aren't just one-and-done efforts; our members do keep up with new material that enters circulation and we are always looking for better quality material than what was originally included in our sets.

If you've ever thought about maybe trying your hand at doing a Maintained set, this would be a great way to get started. Doing a set from scratch is a lot of work but if you take on a series update, 95% of the work has already been done. Usually you're just upgrading a handful of episodes or adding a new episode or two. It's a great way to get exposed to the steps of the process without getting bogged down in any one step.

If I might suggest an idea, I have found it frustrating that by the time I hear about a distro many times it has expired.  Is there a place to store all distros that late-comers can still get the distros? Any I get go into the DISTRO folder in my Old Radio library after the files are processed in.  I would like to volunteer as a backup location.  It would be a simple matter for me to upload the files to parties who are interested in ones they missed.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 8:08:37 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

[...]

If you mean our Maintained series sets, long-term they go into our library (thanks to Paul Kornman!) and onto Archive.org (thanks to Dave Tysver). We used to do CD round-robins but interest in those has dried up as I understand it. If you mean our purchasing group distros, those are only sent directly to members of the purchasing group and I don't think past distros are available until they're placed in the library.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:09:27 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

Ryan

Walden Hughes

Hi Ryan,

Have you ever consider storing   the flac version or wave version of series in P Cloud?  That could be a good wave to preserve files.  Take care,

Walden

[...]

Dave Tysver

OTRR maintained The Danny Kaye Show v2105 is now available at Archive.org, web site https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Maintained_Danny_Kaye_Show. It replaced v2006. This link should be permanent.