Topics

Duffy's Tavern

Ryan Ellett

I'm back to working on the Duffy's Tavern set that Mike Thomas started quite some time back. We have a combined Gardner bio and program history already completed. There were quite a number of cast members over the years. Who would you expect to hear bios about included in the set? Does anyone even listen to the performer audio bios?
Ryan

Michael Hingson

I would listen if you would tell us where they may be available if some exist today. Since I have been collecting and listening to radio I’ve always liked Duffy. Now I’ll really be interested if you find an interview with Duffy himself. 😊

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 11:40 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Duffy's Tavern

I'm back to working on the Duffy's Tavern set that Mike Thomas started quite some time back. We have a combined Gardner bio and program history already completed. There were quite a number of cast members over the years. Who would you expect to hear bios about included in the set? Does anyone even listen to the performer audio bios?
Ryan

Ryan Ellett

There's quite a number of episodes in our online library but the ones for our Maintained set are currently on my harddrive. However, with the Hehn project and our other big reel buy, there are number of newly digitized copies I need to be compared to the set that Joe Webb passed on for release. Hopefully it will be finished and distributed in the next month or so. I think it will make fans of Duffy's Tavern quite happy.
Ryan 

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 01:50:20 PM CST, Michael Hingson <mike@...> wrote:

I would listen if you would tell us where they may be available if some exist today. Since I have been collecting and listening to radio I’ve always liked Duffy. Now I’ll really be interested if you find an interview with Duffy himself. 😊

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 11:40 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Duffy's Tavern

Ryan

jackies@tularosa.net

Ryan:

I love to listen to the Bio's because it gives me a better understanding of where the people are coming from and a understanding of how they interpret the character

Love
Jackie

Richard Davenport

Since we are on the topic of Duffy's Tavern i will go in and clean up my set and post the list here.  I have several auditions and some AFRS ones in there.  A lot of unknown dates to look up with Jerry H's site.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 3:05:59 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:

Ryan:

I love to listen to the Bio's because it gives me a better understanding
of where the people are coming from and a understanding of how they
interpret the character

Love
Jackie

Kevin Karweck

I always listen to the bios before I start in on the episodes. 

Kevin

On Feb 19, 2021, at 2:39 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Martin's book was invaluable in dating the episodes, especially when scripts started being reused later in the series. There was only one episode we couldn't find and Martin confirmed to go with Dave Goldin's dating because it was a script that was likely changed at the last minute. 
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 03:27:39 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Since we are on the topic of Duffy's Tavern i will go in and clean up my set and post the list here.  I have several auditions and some AFRS ones in there.  A lot of unknown dates to look up with Jerry H's site.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 3:05:59 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:

Ryan:

I love to listen to the Bio's because it gives me a better understanding
of where the people are coming from and a understanding of how they
interpret the character

Love
Jackie

Bill Clough

I listen to Bio's

Bill

On 2/19/2021 2:39 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
Ryan