Topics

Favorite OTR

Sandragail Goudelock

I love the Phil Harris Alice Faye show, and Bing Crosby. Pat Novak, Dragnet. Tales of the Texas Rangers.

C. Nava

Let’s see ... Dragnet (esp with Barton Yarborough), The Line Up, Sam Spade, Rocky Jordan. Lighter stuff - The Bob Hope Show, Lux Radio Theater, sci fi shows...

Larry Maupin

Thank you for sharing your favorite shows.  I really like the early Dragnet episodes, and I have always wondered about something that perhaps you or someone else can clear up.  Also please correct me if I'm wrong about this.  I think that Friday had a partner named Ben Alexander who was killed while on duty.  If his shooting and subsequent death was covered in one or more episodes, I would love to hear them.  Do you happen to know the broadcast date or dates when that was covered?

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Friday April 3 2020 9:48:02PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Favorite OTR

Let’s see ... Dragnet (esp with Barton Yarborough), The Line Up, Sam Spade, Rocky Jordan. Lighter stuff - The Bob Hope Show, Lux Radio Theater, sci fi shows...

--
Larry Maupin

Larry Maupin

Hello Sandragail.  Thank you for sharing your list of favorite otr series.  Since you are a Dragnet fan, do you happen to know the broadcast date of the episode in which Joe Friday's partner was killed?

Larry 

To: Main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Friday April 3 2020 9:28:08PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Favorite OTR

I love the Phil Harris Alice Faye show, and Bing Crosby. Pat Novak, Dragnet. Tales of the Texas Rangers.

--
Larry Maupin

barry nadler

I recommend the podcast Great Detectives of Old Time Radio. 

Adam Graham hosts a different series every day. I enjoy his researched comments. 

There is an app that gives access to his previous shows. It includes all of YTJD. 

On Friday, April 3, 2020, 11:41 PM, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Thank you for sharing your favorite shows.  I really like the early Dragnet episodes, and I have always wondered about something that perhaps you or someone else can clear up.  Also please correct me if I'm wrong about this.  I think that Friday had a partner named Ben Alexander who was killed while on duty.  If his shooting and subsequent death was covered in one or more episodes, I would love to hear them.  Do you happen to know the broadcast date or dates when that was covered?

Larry

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

--
Marc Olayne

Scott Mahan

Actually, he had a heart attack just like in real life. Dragnet 511227 133 The Big Sorrow

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:01 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Hello Sandragail.  Thank you for sharing your list of favorite otr series.  Since you are a Dragnet fan, do you happen to know the broadcast date of the episode in which Joe Friday's partner was killed?

Larry 

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

M Myers

That’s a great episode of Dragnet.  Actually, the actor Barton Yarboroughs suddenly died.  So it was an immediate written episode. 

Michael E.  Myers

On Apr 4, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

Actually, he had a heart attack just like in real life. Dragnet 511227 133 The Big Sorrow

From:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io<main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:01 AM
To:'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Favorite OTR

Larry 

To: Main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Cc: 

-- 
Larry Maupin 

M Myers

The Dragnet episode for Joe’s partner Ben death is called “The Big Sorrow” from 12-27-1951.

Michael E.  Myers

On Apr 4, 2020, at 9:46 AM, M Myers via groups.io <memyers2016@...> wrote:

That’s a great episode of Dragnet.  Actually, the actor Barton Yarboroughs suddenly died.  So it was an immediate written episode. 

Michael E.  Myers

From:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io<main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
To:'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Larry 

Cc: 

-- 
Larry Maupin 

Larry Maupin

Thank you Marc.  That sounds like a good podcast, and I appreciate your letting me know about it and will try to listen to it tonight.

Larry

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Saturday April 4 2020 2:22:08AM

Adam Graham hosts a different series every day. I enjoy his researched comments. 

There is an app that gives access to his previous shows. It includes all of YTJD. 

Larry

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Larry Maupin

Thank you very much Scott.  This should be a great episode to hear.

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Saturday April 4 2020 9:13:43AM

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:01 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Larry 

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

C. Nava

Absolutely my favorite episode. I love how the Dragnet writers, staff, company, and sponsor came together to honor a fine actor.

Sent From My Sprint Phone.

------ Original message------
Date: Sat, Apr 4, 2020 6:51 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io;
Cc:
Subject:Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Favorite OTR

The Dragnet episode for Joe’s partner Ben death is called “The Big Sorrow” from 12-27-1951.

Michael E.  Myers

Michael E.  Myers

Larry 

Cc: 

-- 
Larry Maupin 

Larry Maupin

Hello C. Nava.  I am so glad you started posting and hope you will continue on a regular basis.  I heard that episode of Dragnet when I was six years old, have never forgotten it, and can't wait to listen to it again.

Larry

To: "M Myers", "main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Saturday April 4 2020 7:37:33PM

Absolutely my favorite episode. I love how the Dragnet writers, staff, company, and sponsor came together to honor a fine actor.

Sent From My Sprint Phone.

------ Original message------
Date: Sat, Apr 4, 2020 6:51 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io;
Cc:
Subject:Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Favorite OTR

Michael E.  Myers

Michael E.  Myers

Larry 

Cc: 

-- 
Larry Maupin 

--
Larry Maupin

barry nadler

Please post about what you think of it. 

He has done over 3,000 podcasts which are available through the app. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, April 4, 2020, 10:06 AM, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Thank you Marc.  That sounds like a good podcast, and I appreciate your letting me know about it and will try to listen to it tonight.

Larry

Cc:

Larry

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Marc Olayne

Larry Maupin

Good morning Marc.  Thank you for sending the link to the podcasts.  Unfortunately I do not know how to use apps on my phone, but I am grateful for your reply and perhaps I will eventually learn how to do it.

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Sunday April 5 2020 2:48:58AM

Please post about what you think of it. 

He has done over 3,000 podcasts which are available through the app. 

On Saturday, April 4, 2020, 10:06 AM, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Larry

Cc:

Larry

Cc:

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin