Topics

Golden Days

Ryan Ellett

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.

Chris Williams

They downloaded perfectly thanks

On Aug 29, 2020, at 8:08 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.

Thank you very much Ryan, and I sincerely hope this turns out to be worth all the fuss.  What intrigues me most about all those Golden Days of Radio episodes is that each one seems to have rebroadcast segments of about four or five OTR series.  There may be many a hidden gem for those who like to hunt for buried treasure, and I hope that members who do listen to some of the shows will share their discoveries with the rest of us.

If anyone does not know how to post a message to the Main group, just type "Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io" into the "To" box, choose a subject title, type a message and click "Send."  The messages should be on OTR related subjects, but I think an occasional animal joke will be tolerated.  Is there any other member who has heard the one about what the parrot said to the magician after the ship they were on sank one night?

Happy weekend to everybody, and please don't be shy about posting.

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.

ehrbek

Larry

I received the Golden Age folder yesterday but hadn’t downloaded it. Today there is no data in the folder. Any chance it can be put back?

Ed

[...]

I just saw Ryan’s post. So I was able to get them.
Thanks
Ed

[...]

Ryan
While you’re there. Any new projects in the works?
[...]

Yes, Ed! I will say that I am back to work full-time and off summer vacation so they will likely slow down a bit. In the works we have:
Tales of the Texas Rangers (almost done)
Father Knows Best
Top Secret

Further out are:
Life of Riley
Duffy's Tavern
The Man From Homicide

I won't promise these will all be out in 2020...

ehrbek

Ryan
If you need something I can help with let me know.
Ed

Yes, Ed! I will say that I am back to work full-time and off summer vacation so they will likely slow down a bit. In the works we have:
Tales of the Texas Rangers (almost done)
Father Knows Best
Top Secret

Further out are:
Life of Riley
Duffy's Tavern
The Man From Homicide

I won't promise these will all be out in 2020...

curt5876

Many thanks!

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 07:10 Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.

Good!  Now I expect you to listen to some of the shows and write episode summaries on the ones that you find the most interesting and post them on the message board.

[...]

Robert Smits

On 8/29/2020 6:08 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.
Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. It's working for me and I'm downloading one zip file at a time so as not to burden the link too much.
Bob

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1523) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_
--
Bob Smits,rsmits@...

Richard Davenport

Is it possible to get the link somewhere other than p cloud?  I really don’t want to sign up for another service. They’re having a problem with the download link for the install.

On Aug 29, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Robert Smits <rsmits@...> wrote:

On 8/29/2020 6:08 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.
Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. It's working for me and I'm downloading one zip file at a time so as not to burden the link too much.
Bob

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1523) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

The link that Ryan posted to get the Golden set was much more direct.  It's coming in now.  I'm harvesting emails for future mass emails since I have had a need to email to lots of folks before.  This way I can copy and paste much faster and get stuff out to people.  My copy of the Golden set is coming in now.  If Larry or Ryan need help with uploads I have fibre (1gb) speed.  Let me know.  File shows to only be 1.4gb so it would not take long...Let me know if you want the help.

On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 4:59:03 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

BrianWest2@...

Thanks for the link Ryan, the download worked.

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release.

Thank you very much Rick.  I don't expect to be doing another project until I complete the three that I'm now working on, including writing some episode summaries and a review on Archive.org of the Golden Days of Radio shows that are now there in my account.  Bur when I have digitized enough cassettes of other OTR programs to constitute another set I will let you know and will make sure you get all the episodes in it.  I don't want to omit thanking Ryan if he is the one who uploaded the episodes to the Archive, but I think he said he will not do that anymore and that the Golden Days of Radio episodes are not to be accorded the status of a maintained set.

Possibly Paul Kornman will have an interest in them as a curated set that can be in the "OTRR Recommends" section that he envisions.

[...]

Paul Kornman

Larry - I'm happy to add these file to the OTRR Library. Do I have your permission to do that?

- Paul

Larry Maupin

Paul, you of all people don't need permission, but thank you for asking.  I think they will make a nice, large set in the library.  If you think they might be a candidate for a curated set I would like to discuss that with you.  The message you posted about those this week was very interesting, and I really like the concept.

Will you please either reply to me personally or post another message on the board specifying as precisely as possible what you need from a potential curator and what the first step in working with you on a curated collection needs to be?

Thank you.