Topics

Golden Days

Ryan Ellett

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Please note, this is not a Maintained Set or any sort of OTRR release. 
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

Chris Williams

They downloaded perfectly thanks

On Aug 29, 2020, at 8:08 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

To try and save Larry some wear and tear, he said I could just share the pCloud link for those who are interested in these shows he's offering. I won't leave this live indefinitely, but at least through the weekend.

Ryan

Larry Maupin

Thank you very much Ryan, and I sincerely hope this turns out to be worth all the fuss.  What intrigues me most about all those Golden Days of Radio episodes is that each one seems to have rebroadcast segments of about four or five OTR series.  There may be many a hidden gem for those who like to hunt for buried treasure, and I hope that members who do listen to some of the shows will share their discoveries with the rest of us.

If anyone does not know how to post a message to the Main group, just type "Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io" into the "To" box, choose a subject title, type a message and click "Send."  The messages should be on OTR related subjects, but I think an occasional animal joke will be tolerated.  Is there any other member who has heard the one about what the parrot said to the magician after the ship they were on sank one night?  

Happy weekend to everybody, and please don't be shy about posting. 

Larry  

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Saturday August 29 2020 9:10:39AM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Golden Days

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

ehrbek

Larry

I received the Golden Age folder yesterday but hadn’t downloaded it. Today there is no data in the folder. Any chance it can be put back?

Ed

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 10:26 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Golden Days

Thank you very much Ryan, and I sincerely hope this turns out to be worth all the fuss.  What intrigues me most about all those Golden Days of Radio episodes is that each one seems to have rebroadcast segments of about four or five OTR series.  There may be many a hidden gem for those who like to hunt for buried treasure, and I hope that members who do listen to some of the shows will share their discoveries with the rest of us.

If anyone does not know how to post a message to the Main group, just type "Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io" into the "To" box, choose a subject title, type a message and click "Send."  The messages should be on OTR related subjects, but I think an occasional animal joke will be tolerated.  Is there any other member who has heard the one about what the parrot said to the magician after the ship they were on sank one night? 

Larry 

Cc:

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

ehrbek

I just saw Ryan’s post. So I was able to get them.
Thanks
Ed

Thank you very much Ryan, and I sincerely hope this turns out to be worth all the fuss.  What intrigues me most about all those Golden Days of Radio episodes is that each one seems to have rebroadcast segments of about four or five OTR series.  There may be many a hidden gem for those who like to hunt for buried treasure, and I hope that members who do listen to some of the shows will share their discoveries with the rest of us.

Larry 

Cc:

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

Ryan Ellett

Ed, you can also get the shows from the link I posted earlier today.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 10:13:50 AM CDT, ehrbek <ehrbek@...> wrote:

Larry

I received the Golden Age folder yesterday but hadn’t downloaded it. Today there is no data in the folder. Any chance it can be put back?

Ed

Larry 

Cc:

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

ehrbek

Ryan
While you’re there. Any new projects in the works?
Ed

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 11:16 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

Ed, you can also get the shows from the link I posted earlier today.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 10:13:50 AM CDT, ehrbek <ehrbek@...> wrote:

Larry

Ed

Larry 

Cc:

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

Ryan Ellett

Yes, Ed! I will say that I am back to work full-time and off summer vacation so they will likely slow down a bit. In the works we have:
Tales of the Texas Rangers (almost done)
Father Knows Best
Top Secret

Further out are:
Life of Riley
Duffy's Tavern
The Man From Homicide

I won't promise these will all be out in 2020...

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

ehrbek

Ryan
If you need something I can help with let me know.
Ed

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 12:16 PM

Yes, Ed! I will say that I am back to work full-time and off summer vacation so they will likely slow down a bit. In the works we have:
Tales of the Texas Rangers (almost done)
Father Knows Best
Top Secret

Further out are:
Life of Riley
Duffy's Tavern
The Man From Homicide

I won't promise these will all be out in 2020...

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

curt5876

Many thanks!

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 07:10 Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ryan

Larry Maupin

Good!  Now I expect you to listen to some of the shows and write episode summaries on the ones that you find the most interesting and post them on the message board.  

Larry 

Cc:
Sent: Saturday August 29 2020 11:16:39AM

I just saw Ryan’s post. So I was able to get them.
Thanks
Ed

Larry 

Cc:

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Robert Smits

On 8/29/2020 6:08 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. It's working for me and I'm downloading one zip file at a time so as not to burden the link too much.
Bob

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1523) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [rsmits@...]

_._,_._,_
-- 
Bob Smits,rsmits@...

Richard Davenport

Is it possible to get the link somewhere other than p cloud?  I really don’t want to sign up for another service. They’re having a problem with the download link for the install.

On Aug 29, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Robert Smits <rsmits@...> wrote:

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. It's working for me and I'm downloading one zip file at a time so as not to burden the link too much.
Bob

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1523) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Richard Davenport

The link that Ryan posted to get the Golden set was much more direct.  It's coming in now.  I'm harvesting emails for future mass emails since I have had a need to email to lots of folks before.  This way I can copy and paste much faster and get stuff out to people.  My copy of the Golden set is coming in now.  If Larry or Ryan need help with uploads I have fibre (1gb) speed.  Let me know.  File shows to only be 1.4gb so it would not take long...Let me know if you want the help.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 4:59:03 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Is it possible to get the link somewhere other than p cloud?  I really don’t want to sign up for another service. They’re having a problem with the download link for the install.

Ryan

Bob

Groups.io Links:

BrianWest2@...

Thanks for the link Ryan, the download worked.

-----Original Message-----
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io <main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 29, 2020 9:08 am

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

Larry Maupin

Thank you very much Rick.  I don't expect to be doing another project until I complete the three that I'm now working on, including writing some episode summaries and a review on Archive.org of the Golden Days of Radio shows that are now there in my account.  Bur when I have digitized enough cassettes of other OTR programs to constitute another set I will let you know and will make sure you get all the episodes in it.  I don't want to omit thanking Ryan if he is the one who uploaded the episodes to the Archive, but I think he said he will not do that anymore and that the Golden Days of Radio episodes are not to be accorded the status of a maintained set.

Possibly Paul Kornman will have an interest in them as a curated set that can be in the "OTRR Recommends" section that he envisions. 

Larry

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Saturday August 29 2020 6:40:09PM

The link that Ryan posted to get the Golden set was much more direct.  It's coming in now.  I'm harvesting emails for future mass emails since I have had a need to email to lots of folks before.  This way I can copy and paste much faster and get stuff out to people.  My copy of the Golden set is coming in now.  If Larry or Ryan need help with uploads I have fibre (1gb) speed.  Let me know.  File shows to only be 1.4gb so it would not take long...Let me know if you want the help.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 4:59:03 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Ryan

Bob

Groups.io Links:

--
Larry Maupin

Paul Kornman

Larry - I'm happy to add these file to the OTRR Library. Do I have your permission to do that?

- Paul

Larry Maupin

Paul, you of all people don't need permission, but thank you for asking.  I think they will make a nice, large set in the library.  If you think they might be a candidate for a curated set I would like to discuss that with you.  The message you posted about those this week was very interesting, and I really like the concept.

Will you please either reply to me personally or post another message on the board specifying as precisely as possible what you need from a potential curator and what the first step in working with you on a curated collection needs to be?

Thank you.

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Sunday August 30 2020 12:57:09PM

Larry - I'm happy to add these file to the OTRR Library. Do I have your permission to do that?

- Paul

--
Larry Maupin

radiojayallen

I downloaded the shows and had no problems with the direct link...thanks very much. It is a wonderful collection of shows, but, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, what does this particular group of shows represent? What I mean is, are these episodes not previously available or is there  common thread relating to all of them?

Jay

Larry Maupin

Hi Jay,

I'm glad you received the link and were able to download the episodes.  Thank you for letting me know that, and it's great that you like the shows.

As for your question, if I was afraid of sounding like an idiot I would have to stop posting altogether.  Your question is well conceived and clearly stated.  Some members might be able to give you a more informed reply, but what intrigues me most about The Golden Days of Radio series is that while each episode seems to be unique, all of them feature rebroadcasts of segments of usually four prior OTR programs.  Some of those are from lesser known series, and as I go through them I am looking for soap operas and for any series that is not in the OTRR Library Collection or in John Dunning's On the Air..

I will probably be able to write only about five episode summaries of this series prior to posting a review of it on the Internet Archive.  Because you enjoy the episodes I hope you will consider writing and posting at least one or two of them here right away.  If you need any help concerning a good format to use and what information to include, just let me know and I will reply as soon as I see your message.

Larry 

Cc:
Sent: Wednesday September 2 2020 8:13:17AM

I downloaded the shows and had no problems with the direct link...thanks very much. It is a wonderful collection of shows, but, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, what does this particular group of shows represent? What I mean is, are these episodes not previously available or is there  common thread relating to all of them?

Jay

--
Larry Maupin