Topics

good article about the four radio series starting on 8-4-75

Walden Hughes

Hi Larry,

I found a good article Jim  Widner wrote in Radio Recall the on-line article can be found on that club web site at www.mwotrc.com  Jim said the series started on  8-4-75 and was offered by Mutual on WOR from 3 PM to 4 PM.  The four shows national  sponsor was Bristol Myers.  Richard Cox created the series and put it under the title called Radio Playhouse.    The four shows were

The Faces of   Love,

Author,s Studio,

The Little Things    in Life written and starred Peg Lynch,

To have N Hold.

Many well known radio actors from the Golden days of radio had parts in the four shows plus Yung  actors.

  It ran 26 weeks.

Take care,

Walden

Ryan Ellett

I listened to several episodes of The Faces of Love a couple years ago and it was a good production for a soap opera. It didn't have the ridiculous story dramas that you'd hear in Golden Age soaps but it wasn't a spoof ala Bob   & Ray, etc. If you like soaps it's worth a listen.

The Faces of   Love,

Author,s Studio,

The Little Things    in Life written and starred Peg Lynch,

Scott Galley

Jumping into this late, but we have listened to "The Little Things in Life" twice now. I'd prefer to have the full, hour long package, but these 15 minute segments were shared years ago. A fabulous show, with Margaret Hamilton and Ralph Bell as frequent co-stars. I can't recommend it enough. As for the other segments, I'm sure we'd enjoy them as well.

Ryan, I think this means you would consider it to be an old-time radio show at least in spirit.