Hold that Joan

Ryan Ellett

Has anyone read "Hold That Joan" about Joan Davis? Does it spend much time on her radio work?
Ryan

Mike Thomas

Of "I Married Joan" fame? I understand she died fairly young if heart issues.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 6:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io
<oldradiotimes@...> wrote:
Has anyone read "Hold That Joan" about Joan Davis? Does it spend much time on her radio work?

Yes, she's the one. I see her name in a number of 40s comedy programs and was looking at Ben Ohmart's bio of her. Reviews are mixed and I can't tell how much coverage it gives to her radio years.

<oldradiotimes@...> wrote:
Has anyone read "Hold That Joan" about Joan Davis? Does it spend much time on her radio work?
Ryan

Mike Thomas

Right on. I have the whole tv series. The surviving ones anyway. It's a nice series. I love Lucy dominated but there are others that are good to watch as well