Topics

Hopalong Cassidy

Jim Jones

I have been working on upgrading the OTRR groups Hopalong Cassidy Certified shows.
Ryan has found and provided me a new collection of shows in addition to the Certified Series. Approximately 30% of these shows were determined to be better copies than the Cert Series.
I have replaced the OTRR collection with these better quality shows
Also. many of the Certified shows had cropped or incomplete intros or endings. I have patched these shows and made ALL Hoppy shows now complete.
I have normalized many of the low volume shows. I have also adjusted the Bass and Treble on many over processed shows to make them easier and more enjoyable to listen to.
28 shows included 4-6 min of musical interludes where commercials were supposed to be inserted. I cropped these interludes making those show more continuous to listen to.

To complete the series with better quality shows, I would like to replace 6 of the lowest quality shows. These are shows which I only rate FAIR quality. I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with better quality shows for the following episodes.
Episode 25 - The Medicine Man
Episode 26 - The Flying Outlaw
Episode 42 - Hoppy Pays a  Debt
Episode 43 -  Hoppy Turns on the Heat
Episode 51 - The Mystery of the Diamond 'Z'
Episode 68 -  Stagecoach West

Thanks in advance.
A Hoppy Fan

ehrbek

These mighy be better. radio spirits

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=VZSqrHXZ7P3g1vVmCBjIr0jaq3vKOhaFmY4X---------------------------------------

[...]

Thanks those 4 shows are much better.
Will stick them in
jj

Ian Grieve

Late 1954 William Boyd did a World Tour raising awareness and funds for Crippled Children.  Lots of Hopalong Crippled Children Appeal Badges appear on Ebay still.

After England he came to Australia November 1954.  One of the things he was contracted to do was a segment on 'Bonnington's Bunkhouse Show' which was being filmed at 'Wirth's' Circus.  As an aside, I met Will Hutchins at the last FOTR and he told me about how he loved his time in Australia touring with a Circus, but I don't remember which circus it was, was it 'Wirths'?  Anyway William Boyd as Hopalong Cassidy turned up at 'Wirths' in Melbourne for the recording.  The cast of 'Bonnington's Bunkhouse Show' was flown down from Sydney and they got things started.  But the popularity of Hopalong Cassidy was so great that William Boyd was mobbed by 10,000 kids wanting autographs.  Boyd couldn't settle them down and the whole thing was cancelled.  Boyd did his segment in his hotel room later that night and the cast flew back to Sydney and did the recording of the show there and included the Boyd segment.

Fame, sometimes not so fleeting.  I have included the newspaper reports of the above on a couple of the Australian Radio History groups in the past and several of the radio people admitted being there as kids.

Ian