Topics

How To Post a Message on the Main Group Message Board

Larry Maupin

It is gratifying to see how many new members the group has picked up this year.  The total presently stands at 242.  I think, however, that the number of members who actually post messages with any frequency is under 40.

It is possible that many members do not know how to post a message, so it is very easy and here is how to do it:  Type Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io into your email "To" box, type a message and hit "Send."  Every member in the group will see it.  I think everyone joins a group like this to become part of a community of people who share an enthusiasm for old-time radio.  Part of contributing to the community can be to post a message introducing yourself, telling where you live, stating what your favorite old-time radio show is, what your all-time favorite old-time radio episode is, and how you first became interested in old-time radio.

Also, only 6 members have voted in my Christmas poll so far.  I have friends in this group who have not even voted, and you know who you are.  Ryan has not even voted although I think The Great Gildersleeve is his favorite old-time radio program.  I made it one of the choices just for him!!

So it is the Christmas season and I want to see some more people voting in that poll.  Also, especially members who have never posted a message please read the second paragraph and then send one in.  This is a very friendly group and I promise that you will receive at least one nice reply if only from me.

Hah! I thought about voting but I don't actually remember any of these episodes, or which ones I've listened to. I'm sure I've listened to Gildy though I don't recall it. I didn't want to skew the results!

On Monday, December 7, 2020, 10:15:35 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

[...]

Ryan, there have been so few votes that any additional vote will skew the results!  That is my whole point in encouraging everybody to participate in the poll.  I have even thought about voting for every episode once myself just to get some more numbers up.

I did not mention that I set up the poll so that any member can vote for more than one episode if more than one of your favorites happens to be included in the poll.

As the sterling leader of this group, Ryan, I think you should set an example and cast your vote.  And congratulations on the tremendous growth of the group this year!