Topics

I Love a Mystery


Ryan Ellett
 

This was shared in another OTR group I'm in. An episode of I Love a Mystery, tentatively dated 1951-06-26 was found on a university library site. According to members of the group, the original 1940s version of this episode is circulating but not this later Mutual version. Chapter 8 of The Pirate Loot of the Island of Skulls. You ILaM fans may appreciate it! 
Ryan


Gordon Johansen
 

Thanks so much for posting this Ryan. It's not a new episode but is certainly exciting to hear something still showing up. Maybe's there's hope for more.

Gord


Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote on 11/17/20 8:17 AM:

This was shared in another OTR group I'm in. An episode of I Love a Mystery, tentatively dated 1951-06-26 was found on a university library site. According to members of the group, the original 1940s version of this episode is circulating but not this later Mutual version. Chapter 8 of The Pirate Loot of the Island of Skulls. You ILaM fans may appreciate it! 
Ryan


Gordon Johansen
 

I actually misposted. It might no be new to you but it was to me. You just made my day. Thanks again.

Gord

Gordon Johansen wrote on 11/17/20 10:13 AM:

Thanks so much for posting this Ryan. It's not a new episode but is certainly exciting to hear something still showing up. Maybe's there's hope for more.

Gord


Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote on 11/17/20 8:17 AM:
This was shared in another OTR group I'm in. An episode of I Love a Mystery, tentatively dated 1951-06-26 was found on a university library site. According to members of the group, the original 1940s version of this episode is circulating but not this later Mutual version. Chapter 8 of The Pirate Loot of the Island of Skulls. You ILaM fans may appreciate it! 
Ryan



Richard Davenport
 

The 8th episode from the 28th series of I Love A Mystery episode is a 192br episode.  I does not add one for me but does provide a nice upgrade...

 I now have....
I Love A Mystery - 0001 - 42-04-13 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 01 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0002 - 42-04-16 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 02 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0003 - 42-04-20 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 03 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0004 - 42-04-23 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 04 of 26.rm
I Love A Mystery - 0005 - 42-04-27 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 05 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0006 - 42-04-30 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 06 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0007 - 42-05-04 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 07 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0008 - 42-05-07 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 08 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0010 - 42-05-14 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 10 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0011 - 42-05-18 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 11 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0013 - 42-05-25 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 13 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0015 - 42-06-01 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 15 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0019 - 42-06-15 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 19 of 26.mp3


Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:44:31 PM CST, Gordon Johansen <gordonjohansen@...> wrote:


I actually misposted. It might no be new to you but it was to me. You just made my day. Thanks again.

Gord

Gordon Johansen wrote on 11/17/20 10:13 AM:
Thanks so much for posting this Ryan. It's not a new episode but is certainly exciting to hear something still showing up. Maybe's there's hope for more.

Gord


Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote on 11/17/20 8:17 AM:
This was shared in another OTR group I'm in. An episode of I Love a Mystery, tentatively dated 1951-06-26 was found on a university library site. According to members of the group, the original 1940s version of this episode is circulating but not this later Mutual version. Chapter 8 of The Pirate Loot of the Island of Skulls. You ILaM fans may appreciate it! 
Ryan



Ryan Ellett
 

Good! I don't follow the series but Travis Conner, who some of you know, said this is the first Mutual broadcast that's been discovered to his knowledge in 20 years.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:44:30 PM CST, Gordon Johansen <gordonjohansen@...> wrote:


I actually misposted. It might no be new to you but it was to me. You just made my day. Thanks again.

Gord



Larry Gassman
 

Yes, it has been at least 20 years.

Larry

 

 

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:01 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] I Love a Mystery

 

Good! I don't follow the series but Travis Conner, who some of you know, said this is the first Mutual broadcast that's been discovered to his knowledge in 20 years.

Ryan

 

 

 

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:44:30 PM CST, Gordon Johansen <gordonjohansen@...> wrote:

 

 

I actually misposted. It might no be new to you but it was to me. You just made my day. Thanks again.

Gord


Richard Davenport
 

It looks like the OTRR library does not have a lot of the shows for I Love A Mystery.    I have 1-8, 10, 11, 13, 15 and 19.  of the 28th series Pirate Loot of The Island Of Skulls.   I have about 415 in total of the I Love A Mystery series.  I have a total of about 99 mini-series....

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:58:32 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:


The 8th episode from the 28th series of I Love A Mystery episode is a 192br episode.  I does not add one for me but does provide a nice upgrade...

 I now have....
I Love A Mystery - 0001 - 42-04-13 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 01 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0002 - 42-04-16 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 02 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0003 - 42-04-20 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 03 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0004 - 42-04-23 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 04 of 26.rm
I Love A Mystery - 0005 - 42-04-27 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 05 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0006 - 42-04-30 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 06 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0007 - 42-05-04 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 07 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0008 - 42-05-07 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 08 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0010 - 42-05-14 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 10 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0011 - 42-05-18 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 11 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0013 - 42-05-25 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 13 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0015 - 42-06-01 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 15 of 26.mp3
I Love A Mystery - 0019 - 42-06-15 - Pirate Loot of The Island of Skulls - Part 19 of 26.mp3


Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 12:44:31 PM CST, Gordon Johansen <gordonjohansen@...> wrote:


I actually misposted. It might no be new to you but it was to me. You just made my day. Thanks again.

Gord

Gordon Johansen wrote on 11/17/20 10:13 AM:
Thanks so much for posting this Ryan. It's not a new episode but is certainly exciting to hear something still showing up. Maybe's there's hope for more.

Gord


Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote on 11/17/20 8:17 AM:
This was shared in another OTR group I'm in. An episode of I Love a Mystery, tentatively dated 1951-06-26 was found on a university library site. According to members of the group, the original 1940s version of this episode is circulating but not this later Mutual version. Chapter 8 of The Pirate Loot of the Island of Skulls. You ILaM fans may appreciate it! 
Ryan



jackies@tularosa.net
 

www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie


Richard Davenport
 

Jackie,
I have a fair number of the parts to the 99 or so mini series under I Love A Mystery.  What I have is about 415 files.  It would be a very large zip file and far beyond the capacity of most people.  I would not mind grabbing them myself just to compare theirs to mine.  It would probably be mutually beneficial for all. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:26:44 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:


www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie







Ryan Ellett
 

No, the library does not offer a feature to do mass downloads. There are programs you can download or extensions you can add to your browser to do that.

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 01:26:42 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:


www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie







Richard Davenport
 

Jackie,
I was able to download all 232 episodes the OTRR library had via an app I added to Firefox.  Check out DownloadThemAll.... Simply open the library folder in question, open the app then select mp3. 

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:30:41 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:


Jackie,
I have a fair number of the parts to the 99 or so mini series under I Love A Mystery.  What I have is about 415 files.  It would be a very large zip file and far beyond the capacity of most people.  I would not mind grabbing them myself just to compare theirs to mine.  It would probably be mutually beneficial for all. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:26:44 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:


www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie







jackies@tularosa.net
 

Rick:

Could you do about 100 per zip file. I don't know how large they are but
I would love to get what you have. You see my son also loves OTR and I am
making a Thumb drive with the following Items and I want to make sure he
has a full drive because he and his wife love OTR. It's funny 30 years
ago he wouldn't even consider listening to them but about 25 years ago he
also caught the bug.

It will have all the Cinnamon Bear shows, A coloring book with pictures of
Cinnamon Bear, 2 games based on Cinnamon Bear A Song book with all the
songs from Cinnamon Bear. Its a pretty good group of materials. I only
paid $14.99 for the complete set.

Jackie


jackies@tularosa.net
 

Rick:

It sure works fast. I don't know how many it has downloaded so far but it
is a bunch, I think it took about 30 minutes. Of course it could have
been less because I got a bunch of phone calls.

Thanks for the hint.

Jackie


Richard Davenport
 

So you try the app I suggested? Good I’m glad it worked. There should be about 240 or so shows in that Directory. You’ll still have to go and sort them out in the individual folders later like I did but it’s worth the effort down the road. The speed of coming in is pretty quick because they’re not very big files it took me about 20 minutes to grab all of them.

You can use this down the road for other folders just as easily.

On Nov 17, 2020, at 3:11 PM, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies=tularosa.net@groups.io> wrote:

Rick:

It sure works fast. I don't know how many it has downloaded so far but it
is a bunch, I think it took about 30 minutes. Of course it could have
been less because I got a bunch of phone calls.

Thanks for the hint.

Jackie






Philip Atchley
 

Hi Jackie,

If you have the Firefox Browser on your computer you can use an "Add-On" called "downthemall" and literally put hundreds of mp3 files in the download queue.  It'll then download them one (or two, or three) at a time until the queue is comleted. No need to babysit the 'puter. . .

<>< 73 From "The Beaconeer's Lair" <><
Specializing in DXing NDBs (Longwave Beacons)
Phil, KO6BB, http://www.qsl.net/ko6bb/
KO6BB/B beacon, ~20W on 28.290 MHz, Ringo Vertical

HF/LF RADIOS:
YAESU: FTDX-101MP Xceiver, 2 SDR Receivers (~2020)
YAESU: FTDX-3000 Xceiver, DSP IF,300Hz Roofing filter (~2019).
Icom: IC-7200 Xceiver, DSP IF & filters (~2015).
Kenwood: TS-450SAT Xceiver, cascaded 250/125Hz Inrad filters.
10M Beacon: 2 x Realistic HTX-100's on 28.290MHz
HOMEBREW: 7 Tube+Rect 1v3 Regen RX for LF (built 2015)
SDRS: Perseus 10KHz-40MHz (2020)
Softrock Ensemble II LF Receiver (kit, 2017)
Softrock Ensemble II HF Receiver (Kit, 2019)
ACC: MFJ-993B Auto Antenna Matcher.
HOMEBREW LF-MF Pre-Amp, 8Hz Audio Filter.
HOMEBREW 4 Port Antenna Multicoupler, Feeds 4 RX's.
ANTENNAS: 88 foot Long Ladder-line fed dipole, 35 feet AGL for MW/SW.
Active Mini-Whip, 36 Feet AGL for LF/MW/SW.
Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop For LF/MW/SW at 17 Feet AGL
37 foot "Low Noise Vertical", 11 feet AGL for LF/MW/SW.
Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo Vertical, 14 feet AGL for 10M beacon.
Merced, Central California, 37, 18, 37N 120, 30, 6W CM97rh

On 11/17/2020 7:26 PM, jackies@... via groups.io wrote:
www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie



Scott Mahan
 

Oh my. So much more than I. I only have 203. Could you make a list of the 415 files?

 

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Davenport
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 1:31 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] I Love a Mystery

 

Jackie,

I have a fair number of the parts to the 99 or so mini series under I Love A Mystery.  What I have is about 415 files.  It would be a very large zip file and far beyond the capacity of most people.  I would not mind grabbing them myself just to compare theirs to mine.  It would probably be mutually beneficial for all. 

 

Rick

 

Labor ipse voluptas

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:26:44 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:

 

 

www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie






Max Schmid
 

This seems to be more episodes of the series than I knew about. They were originally mis-dated and combined by someone, so it's a little hard to figure out which episodes I have. Are these available?? The "new" episode is from the NY remake series, most existing episodes from this storyline are from the original west coast run.


-
 

If using linux/unix or a mac terminal, don't know about windows, the utility called wget will download entire web pages and the contents. In
effect, it produces a web page ffile on your computer that looks like the original.

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020, Richard Davenport wrote:

Jackie,
I was able to download all 232 episodes the OTRR library had via an app I added to Firefox.?? Check out DownloadThemAll.... Simply open the library folder in question, open the app then select mp3.??

Labor ipse voluptas

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:30:41 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Jackie,
I have a fair number of the parts to the 99 or so mini series under I Love A Mystery.?? What I have is about 415 files.?? It would be a very large zip file and far beyond the capacity of most people.?? I would not mind grabbing them myself just to compare theirs to mine.?? It would probably be mutually beneficial for all.??

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:26:44 PM CST, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies=tularosa.net@groups.io> wrote:

www.OTRR.org <http://www.OTRR.org>

www.OTRRLibrary.org <http://www..OTRRLibrary.org>

Is there a way to download a zip file of the I love a Mystery series?
Right now I am not able to sit at the computer for long times because of
my health and it would take me forever to download it one by one.

Jackie












--
XR


Gordon Johansen
 

Thanks for pointing out the extension Richard. I didn't even know that sort of thing existed.

Gord

Richard Davenport wrote on 11/17/20 3:46 PM:

So you try the app I suggested? Good I’m glad it worked. There should be about 240 or so shows in that Directory. You’ll still have to go and sort them out in the individual folders later like I did but it’s worth the effort down the road. The speed of coming in is pretty quick because they’re not very big files it took me about 20 minutes to grab all of them.

You can use this down the road for other folders just as easily.
On Nov 17, 2020, at 3:11 PM, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies=tularosa.net@groups.io> wrote:

Rick:

It sure works fast. I don't know how many it has downloaded so far but it
is a bunch, I think it took about 30 minutes. Of course it could have
been less because I got a bunch of phone calls.

Thanks for the hint.

Jackie