From: "Gary Costel"
To: Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Friday April 3 2020 12:01:16PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Jack Benny; Suspense

Hello!

My name is Gary.  I'm 55 years old, and live in Butler, Pa ~~~~ about 1 hour north of Pittsburgh.  I have too many favorites to list:  Jack Benny, Suspense, Hopalong Cassidy, Six Shooter, and, a lot of the older "horror" shows.  I admit some of those horror shows can be cheesy, but it also reminds you how more naive and innocent the world was compared to today's fast paced society.

I collect old radios, and have them scattered around the house.  They are all electronically restored to original specs, and the cabinets are refinished if needed.  I try to keep the cabinets with the original finish unless they are just beat up too much.  All were manufactured in the 1930's, although I have 1 post WW2 Philco.  At night, if conditions are right, I can pick up stations from New York City to the Midwest.  Scanning through the dial, especially at night on weekends, I can pick up a station or 2 that is rebroadcasting an OTR show.  So, I find it kinda neat to listen to an old radio show on an old radio often thinking to myself if that same radio was tuned in the day that the show originally aired.

Of course, I have Sirius XM both in the car and on my Roku, and it is almost always tuned in to Channel 148 --- Radio Classics.