Topics

Jeff Regan, Investigator

Ryan Ellett

Okay, all, another set has been submitted (a while ago, the pipeline is backed up) and it's ready for 2nd listeners. Jeff Regan was a private investigator series that had a couple shorter runs between 1948 and 1950. The first part of the series featured Jack Webb just before he moved into Dragnet. Let me know if you'd like a few episodes (probably 5) at a time to listen to.
Ryan

Tim Germain

Hi, Ryan.

I'll be glad to help listen if you need me.

Tim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:30 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Jeff Regan, Investigator

Okay, all, another set has been submitted (a while ago, the pipeline is backed up) and it's ready for 2nd listeners. Jeff Regan was a private investigator series that had a couple shorter runs between 1948 and 1950. The first part of the series featured Jack Webb just before he moved into Dragnet. Let me know if you'd like a few episodes (probably 5) at a time to listen to.
Ryan

K & J Hammel

I’m in.  Love those detective shows. 

Kathy

On May 27, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Damon Fries

I’ll take 5, I’m not that familiar with the show...

On 27 May 2020, at 19:09, K & J Hammel <haml@...> wrote:

I’m in.  Love those detective shows. 

Kathy

On May 27, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Patrick Andre

I love Jeff Regan.  I love Jack Webb.

Please put me in the group as well.

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 09:31
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

Ryan

BrianWest2@...

Ryan,

I'll help out if you like.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, May 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Ryan

Jim Jones

Ryan
I’ll do 5 if you need the help
jj

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:30 AM

Ryan

Mike Thomas

I am in too

You can use my Jack Webb bio in the Dragnet set if you want.

Ryan Ellett

For the Jeff Regan set we will need a short bio for Frank Graham (who took over the role after Webb left) and a general introduction to the series. Anyone interested in either of these jobs?
Ryan

Jim Jones

Ryan
I have listened to the 5 shows that you sent me.The sound quality is excellent. There is no background noise, no skips, no commercials, no station announcements.... I feel these shows will be excellent additions to the set.

However, there is one small issue. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th show (The Man on the Hook, A Thousand Violins, and A Streetcar Named Schultz) there is approximately 1 min 15 sec of concert music added to the end of the file. There is no voice or explanation. It was obviously some type of filler. However, this music is in stark contrast to the show’s background organ music. It sounds odd, does not fit and should definitely be removed. I can extract it or you can. Just tell me what you want to do.

I have one other suggestion. The tag art that comes up on the files I listened to is Jack Webb. The shows I listened to was Frank Graham.

cover
The Jack Webb tag art may be satisfactory for the first run of shows, but since 3 different people play Jeff Reagan I think it would be better if the series had a more neutral cover and tag art.
Something like the following would seem to be more appropriate for the entire series.
cover02

jj

Ryan Ellett

Thanks, Jim. I'll take a listen and snip the music out. The picture must have been there from wherever Joe got it, we haven't designed any art for the series yet.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:01:27 PM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan
I have listened to the 5 shows that you sent me.The sound quality is excellent. There is no background noise, no skips, no commercials, no station announcements.... I feel these shows will be excellent additions to the set.

However, there is one small issue. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th show (The Man on the Hook, A Thousand Violins, and A Streetcar Named Schultz) there is approximately 1 min 15 sec of concert music added to the end of the file. There is no voice or explanation. It was obviously some type of filler. However, this music is in stark contrast to the show’s background organ music. It sounds odd, does not fit and should definitely be removed. I can extract it or you can. Just tell me what you want to do.

I have one other suggestion. The tag art that comes up on the files I listened to is Jack Webb. The shows I listened to was Frank Graham.

cover
The Jack Webb tag art may be satisfactory for the first run of shows, but since 3 different people play Jeff Reagan I think it would be better if the series had a more neutral cover and tag art.
Something like the following would seem to be more appropriate for the entire series.
cover02

jj

Randy Watts

Some of the Jeff Regan episodes were reissued by the AFRTS in the 1960s and '70s as part of their "Mystery Theatre" series. The fill music dates from these reissues.

Randy

<><><><><>

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:40:12 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Thanks, Jim. I'll take a listen and snip the music out. The picture must have been there from wherever Joe got it, we haven't designed any art for the series yet.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:01:27 PM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan

cover
cover02

jj

Ryan Ellett

We still have 11 episodes of Jeff Regan that need 2nd listeners. Let me know if you'd like a few!

Ryan

leonard edwards

I can take a few

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 3:44:38 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We still have 11 episodes of Jeff Regan that need 2nd listeners. Let me know if you'd like a few!

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

They are all claimed, thanks everyone.

Ryan

James Wilson

I would like to help. 

On Jun 2, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Mike Thomas

Did you get all your second listeners

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 1:44 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io
<oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

We did, Mike, thanks for offering.
Ryan

Ryan Ellett

This set still needs a short intro of the series if anyone is interested.
Ryan

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 11:09 AM, Ryan Ellett wrote:
For the Jeff Regan set we will need a short bio for Frank Graham (who took over the role after Webb left) and a general introduction to the series. Anyone interested in either of these jobs?
Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Paul Dubov also played Regan a few times; if anyone wants to write a bio of Dubov, we would include it.
Ryan