July-August Old Radio Times Now Available

Ryan Ellett

Linked is the better-late-than-never July-August issue of the Old Radio Times. Enjoy!

Ryan

Tom G.

I had never heard of The Man from Homicide. I'm going to download a couple of episodes from the OTRR Library and check it out. Thank You.

Mike Thomas

I think Karl found them and donated them. It's a great show. The first one has a different actor which I really liked. The rest are just as good. Bummer there are so few episodes.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 5:49 PM, Tom G. via groups.io
<tom_greenli@...> wrote:
I had never heard of The Man from Homicide. I'm going to download a couple of episodes from the OTRR Library and check it out. Thank You.

Richard Davenport

It is so sad that of the hundreds of shows in the Man From Homicide once broadcast, we seem to have so few floating around.

<tom_greenli@...> wrote:
I had never heard of The Man from Homicide. I'm going to download a couple of episodes from the OTRR Library and check it out. Thank You.

Ryan Ellett

If I read Karl Schadow's piece correctly, only 15 episodes of the series were aired. It had a pretty short run. Unfortunately, even all those are not available, as you mention.

<tom_greenli@...> wrote:
I had never heard of The Man from Homicide. I'm going to download a couple of episodes from the OTRR Library and check it out. Thank You.

Larry Gassman

Up until a few years ago, there were only 3.

Larry

[...]

That's interesting because if you go to youtube you can find sets of those shows (the ones we now have) and they are numbered with pretty big numbers.

Labor ipse voluptas

On Sunday, September 19, 2021, 09:45:17 AM CDT, Larry Gassman <larrygassman1@...> wrote:

[...]

That does seem strange. I did a very quick YouTube search and saw the first hit had them numbered in the 1,000s. I wonder if that poster is numbering each show s/he puts up overall on YouTube, irrespective of any numbering the broadcasts may have actually had. Nothing else seems to make sense considering it was a summer replacement series for one season.

On Sunday, September 19, 2021, 09:39:09 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Jones

Ryan You are correct that this was a limited summer time replacement series . It appears to have run from mid Jun through Sep 1951.
I did find a couple of interesting facts about the show.
It seems that Charles McGraw was intended to play the lead. But as we know, Dan Duryea eventually did.

Another interesting fact is that the show was written by Louis Vitties, who became a prolific writer of many well known Tv shows (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900134).

jj

Ryan Ellett

If anyone hasn't read the latest issue of the Old Radio Times, it has a pretty extensive background on The Man From Homicide written by Karl Schadow. He probably dug up about everything there is to know about this short-lived series.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:32:35 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan You are correct that this was a limited summer time replacement series . It appears to have run from mid Jun through Sep 1951.
I did find a couple of interesting facts about the show.
It seems that Charles McGraw was intended to play the lead. But as we know, Dan Duryea eventually did.

Another interesting fact is that the show was written by Louis Vitties, who became a prolific writer of many well known Tv shows (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900134).

jj

After reading the article, I downloaded all the Man From Homicide files from the OTRR Lib.  About half of them have incorrect mp3 tags.   The incorrect ones all indicate Lone Ranger episodes....   :)

Bob

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:39 AM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If anyone hasn't read the latest issue of the Old Radio Times, it has a pretty extensive background on The Man From Homicide written by Karl Schadow. He probably dug up about everything there is to know about this short-lived series.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:32:35 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan You are correct that this was a limited summer time replacement series . It appears to have run from mid Jun through Sep 1951.
I did find a couple of interesting facts about the show.
It seems that Charles McGraw was intended to play the lead. But as we know, Dan Duryea eventually did.

Another interesting fact is that the show was written by Louis Vitties, who became a prolific writer of many well known Tv shows (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900134).

jj

Richard Davenport

I suspect that the poster, like most posters simply are reposting other folks videos.  A check of Digital Deli shows just 15 shows..

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 12:39:40 PM CDT, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

[...]

15 episodes, nine of which have been discovered.