Topics

Life with Luigi Listeners Needed

Ryan Ellett

We're now ready to enlist listeners to go through our in-the-works set of Life with Luigi. We have a total of 172 episodes ready for a 2nd listen, including a handful of AFRS duplicates. Be aware that the quality of some is lower than I'd prefer but the best I could find. I do ask that if you volunteer, you pay special attention to the ending credits and compare them to what is listed on Goldin's RadioGoldINdex website. Some scripts were reused in their entirety and portions of other scripts were cut and pasted into later stories with other new elements added around them. So if you listen to many episodes you'll start thinking, "I'm sure I've heard this before." Listening especially for the announcer (which changed with some regularity) can help clarify when you're deciding between two similar or identical broadcasts. I've had luck sending out 5 episodes at a time but can send out fewer if desired. Come one, come all, listeners!
Ryan

Damon Fries

I’ll try a batch…

On 22 Jun 2020, at 16:14, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

[...]

DaveC

Feel free to send me a batch.

Ryan Ellett

Let me know when you're ready for more!

On Monday, June 22, 2020, 9:22:15 AM CDT, Damon Fries <dbfries@...> wrote:

[...]

BrianWest2@...

Ryan, this is one of my favorite shows, I'll take a listen if you still have a need.

Brian

[...]

K & J Hammel

Ryan,

I have time for 5 episodes.

Kathy H.

On Monday, June 22, 2020, 07:14:06 AM PDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Jones

Ryan

I listened to the 5 shows you requested. All were excellent quality with no skips, breaks or background noise. All should be great additions to the collection.

I did re-tag the shows to fit my player.

See following comments:

1. Life with Luigi 1949-12-06 (060) Post Office Breaks Luigi's Gift - At the close of the show there is:

a) Usual credits - starring, written by, music….

b) Promo for Bing Crosby show starring Hopalong Cassidy

c) Promo for the show that follows - Escape

d) Quick plug for CBS

2. Life with Luigi 1949-12-20 (066) Pasquale Takes Luigi's Christmas Money - This show is mis-numbered. Instead of 66 is should be 62. At the close of the show there is:

a) Usual credits - starring, written by, music….

b) Promo for Bing Crosby show starring Ethel Barrymore.

c) Promo for the show that follows - Escape

d) Quick plug for CBS

3. Life with Luigi 1949-12-27 (063) New Year's Phone Call Edited- This show is titled Edited. I am not sure what is edited as nothing seems to be missing (commercials?). At the close of the show there is:

a) Usual credits - starring, written by, music….

b) Quick plug for CBS

4. Life with Luigi 1950-01-03 (064) Pietro Needs an Overcoat Edited - This show is titled Edited. I am not sure what is edited as nothing seems to be missing (commercials?). At the close of the show there is:

a) Promo for next weeks show - about getting citizenship papers

b) Usual credits - starring, written by, music….

c) Quick plug for CBS

5. Life with Luigi 1950-01-10 (065) Luigi's First Citizenship Papers Edited. This show is titled Edited. I am not sure what is edited as nothing seems to be missing (commercials?) At the close of the show there is:

a) Special broadcast to Luigi from the Deputy Commissioner of the Immigration Dept.