Topics

Life with Luigi upgrades

Ryan Ellett
 

I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

I have them, Ryan.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Awesome, Barb! Thank you,
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:47:46 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


I have them, Ryan.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

How do I get them to you?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:05 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Awesome, Barb! Thank you,
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:47:46 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


I have them, Ryan.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Here is an upload link, you can add them there and I'll get them into our set.


www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 01:12:16 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


How do I get them to you?


B. J. Watkins
 

I assume I did that correctly?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:19 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Here is an upload link, you can add them there and I'll get them into our set.


www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 01:12:16 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


How do I get them to you?


Richard Davenport
 

My copies are all 32s


On May 11, 2020, at 12:11 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

Kevin Karweck
 

Someone gave links to these very episodes I think on the Colbert Club, very good quality!

On May 11, 2020, at 1:11 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

I'm continuing to work through Life with Luigi and have hit a patch of episodes that are very mediocre in quality; listenable but could sound way better. These are:
1950-08-22
1950-09-05
1950-09-12
1950-09-19
I'm sure there will be more but wanted to get members poking around in their collections. These have been compared to those at our library and oldtimeradiodownloads and seem all to be the same file. If you have any in crisp sound please pass them on to be included in our set. Otherwise I may request purchasing them.

Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Yes, got them!
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 02:04:54 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


I assume I did that correctly?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:19 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Here is an upload link, you can add them there and I'll get them into our set.


www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Monday, May 11, 2020, 01:12:16 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


How do I get them to you?


Ryan Ellett
 

Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Yes it is, thank you!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

They're on their way.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Yes it is, thank you!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

Ryan, I downloaded the Danny Kaye maintained set today and was looking through it. I think that the dates for 10-4-45 and 10-18-45 should be 10-5-45 and 10-19-45 unless you have some documentation that the show moved from Fridays to Thursdays for a few weeks and then back to Fridays.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Yes it is, thank you!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

Richard Davenport
 

I saw that the Danny Kay show was being discussed.  Here is my set.  If I can help anyone with missing shows or if anyone can fill some of my gaps, please let me know. 

Thanks.

Labor ipse voluptas


On Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:10:31 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I downloaded the Danny Kaye maintained set today and was looking through it. I think that the dates for 10-4-45 and 10-18-45 should be 10-5-45 and 10-19-45 unless you have some documentation that the show moved from Fridays to Thursdays for a few weeks and then back to Fridays.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Yes it is, thank you!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

Richard Davenport
 

Danny Kay show, 2nd try....

Danny Kaye Show - 0001 - 45-01-06 - Minnie The Moocher.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0002 - 45-01-13 - 1st Song - 'I'm Beginning To See The Light'. The Life Of Danny Kaye.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0003 - 45-01-20 - 1st Song - 'St. Louis Blues'. Danny Buys An Electric Milking Machine.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0004 - 45-01-27 - 1st Song - 'King Porter Stomp'. Trip To Washington.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0005 - 45-02-03 - 1st Song - 'Fairy Piper'. Brings A Baby Back From Washington.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0006 - 45-02-10 - 1st Song - 'Night & Day'. Danny Sends A Valentine To Jack Benny.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0007 - 45-02-17 - 1st Song - 'I'm Beginning To See The Light'. New Dog Gets Danny Evicted.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0008 - 45-02-24 - 1st Song - 'Let's Not Talk About Love'. H. I. J. Kaye In The Case Of The Murdered Meatball.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0009 - 45-03-03 - Opening Night At The Danny Kaye Playhouse.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0010 - 45-03-10 - 1st Song - 'Accent-U-Ate The Positive'. The Cast Does Romeo And Juliet.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0011 - 45-03-17 - Accent-u-ate The Positive.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0012 - 45-03-24 - The Great Diamond Robbery.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0013 - 45-03-31 - Great Donivitch Kayoff.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0014 - 45-04-07 - Minnie The Moocher.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0015 - 45-04-14 - One Man's Irish Family (NEED 16-18).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0019 - 45-05-11 - 1st Song - 'Blue Lou'. Concerto For War Bonds (NEED 20-23).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0024 - 45-10-04 - Guest - Frank Sinatra (NEED 25-26).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0027 - 45-10-26 - Jack Benny Substitutes (NEED 28-39).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0040 - 46-01-25 - Court Of Human Relations (NEED 41-42).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0043 - 46-02-15 - Guest - Carmen Miranda (NEED 44).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0045 - 46-03-01 - Wife Of O'Riley (NEED 46-57).mp3

=============================================
M:\OTR\D\Danny Kaye Show (1945-1946) 57\AFRS\
=============================================
450303 (AFRS 4) King Danny, The Kaye of Brooklyn.mp3
450317 (AFRS 6) Uncle Dan's Cabin.mp3
450407 (AFRS 12) Danny Returns From New York.mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0008 - 45-02-24 - Case Of The Murdered Meatball (AFRS 7).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0013 - 45-03-31 - Great Donivitch Kayoff (AFRS 8).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0015 - 45-04-14 - One Man's Irish Family (AFRS 13).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0024 - 45-10-04 - Guest - Frank Sinatra, My Romance (AFRS).mp3
Danny Kaye Show - 0045 - 46-03-01 - The Wife Of O'Riley (AFRS 39).mp3



Labor ipse voluptas


On Friday, May 15, 2020, 1:22:17 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:


I saw that the Danny Kay show was being discussed.  Here is my set.  If I can help anyone with missing shows or if anyone can fill some of my gaps, please let me know. 

Thanks.

Labor ipse voluptas


On Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:10:31 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I downloaded the Danny Kaye maintained set today and was looking through it. I think that the dates for 10-4-45 and 10-18-45 should be 10-5-45 and 10-19-45 unless you have some documentation that the show moved from Fridays to Thursdays for a few weeks and then back to Fridays.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:43 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Yes it is, thank you!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I can send you my copies for your consideration. Is that link you sent before still good?


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:03 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Seeking two more upgrades for this series:
1951-01-30
1951-02-27

Thanks!
Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Good eye, Barb, thanks. I was using both the Goldin and Haendiges logs (which agree with your dates) but still overlooked this. Another member found more material (scripts and recordings) at the LOC site that I missed so we'll be updating this set soon already. 
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:10:31 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, I downloaded the Danny Kaye maintained set today and was looking through it. I think that the dates for 10-4-45 and 10-18-45 should be 10-5-45 and 10-19-45 unless you have some documentation that the show moved from Fridays to Thursdays for a few weeks and then back to Fridays.


_._,_._,_

Ryan Ellett
 

Okay, here I come hat in hand again. Looking for a nice copy of 1951-05-15 Life with Luigi. All three that I have are painful on my aging ears.
Ryan

Ryan Ellett
 

Our 1951-05-29 is also less than ideal, although it is listenable if we can't find a different copy.
Ryan

B. J. Watkins
 

I put  5-15-51 & 5-29-51 in the folder. They might be better.

Barbara


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 9:20 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Life with Luigi upgrades
 
Our 1951-05-29 is also less than ideal, although it is listenable if we can't find a different copy.
Ryan