Topics

Looking for these

Mike Thomas

Hello folks,

I am looking for these specific shows for a project. I cannot find them on the hubs or in the library. If you have time to look through your stuff and find one of these i would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mike in Medford

Hollywood On The Air. October 21, 1933. NBC net. Sustaining. The first tune by The Pickens Sisters is, "Louisiana Hayride." Walter Pluckett discusses the wardrobe problems of the film, "Little Women." The program is also known as, "Hollywood On Parade.". The Pickens Sisters, Jimmy Fidler, Joan Blondell, Walter Pluckett. 13:35. Audio Condition: Very good to excellent. Excerpts.

I Want A Divorce. February 14, 1941. Mutual net. Music fill for local commercial insert. A boy songwriter and a girl piano player fall in love, get married and then divorced when she goes on tour and he can't a job!. Cal York (host), David Rose (music), Gloria Clayton, Ynez Seabury, Joan Blondell, Leo Cleary, Monty Mone (?), Van Fleming (writing), Emil Brisacher (producer). 29:54. Audio Condition: Excellent. Otherwise complete.

 I Want A Divorce. March 07, 1941. Mutual net. Music fill for local commercial insert. A woman divorces her husband and "cheats herself" out of her children's love. Bob Mawk, Cal York (host), Conrad Binyon, David Rose (music), Hanley Stafford, Herb Allen (announcer), Gene O'Donnell, Joan Blondell, Van Fleming (writing), William Jordan Rapp (author), Emil Brisacher (producer). 29:48. Audio Condition: Excellent. Otherwise complete.

 I Want A Divorce. April 04, 1941. Mutual net. Music fill for local commercial insert. "Faster, ever faster does the divorce mill grind away yesteryear's happiness." A woman farmer and an artist from the city get married, even though they obviously come from different worlds. It sometimes takes a tragedy to awaken us to a true perspective on our lives. Joan Blondell reads a line very wrong and just keeps on going. Cal York (host), Conrad Binyon, David Rose (music), Earle Ross, Herb Allen (announcer), Joan Blondell, Monty Mone (?), Van Fleming (writing), William Jordan Rapp (author), Emil Brisacher (producer). 29:49. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

t's Time To Smile. December 10, 1941. Red net. Sal Hepatica, Ipana, Trushay hand lotion. Cookie Fairchild's wife is going to have a baby. Eddie thinks it's Ida who's in the hospital! Dinah sings, "On Revival Day." Joan gives Eddie advice about the baby. Suppose it's a boy? Eddie sings, "We Did Before and We Can Do It Again" (which was written just a few hours ago by Cliff Friend and Charlie Tobias). Silent grooves at the start of the transcription perhaps indicate news bulletins before the show began. Eddie Cantor, Harry Von Zell, Cookie Fairchild and His Orchestra, Dinah Shore, Joan Blondell (guest), Bert Gordon ("The Mad Russian"). 27:35. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

 . Treasury Star Parade. July 07, 1942. Program #59. Treasury Department syndication. "Chicago, nutes. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

 Theatre Of Romance. March 12, 1946. CBS net. "Next Time We Love". Colgate Tooth Powder, Halo Shampoo. A journalist and an actress try to make their marriage work, despite conflicting careers. Joan Blondell, Howard Duff, Lou Merrill, Gerald Mohr, Robert Tallman (adaptor), Charles Vanda (producer), Frank Graham (host). 24:51. Audio Condition: Very good to excellent. Complete.

 The Danny Kaye Show. April 19, 1946. Program #46. CBS net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. Guest Joan Blondell joins Danny in a satire of radio quiz shows. Kenny Delmar appears as, "the average radio listener." AFRS program name: "Danny Kaye.". Danny Kaye, Butterfly McQueen, Dave Terry and His Orchestra, Dick Joy (announcer), Kenny Delmar, Joan Blondell (guest). 29:55. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

. Suspense. January 20, 1953. CBS-TV net, audio + video. "Vacancy For Death". Auto-Lite, Hudson Motors. A man is kidnapped after departing from an airplane. He's taken to a boarding house and has his fingerprints applied to several objects. He's then chloroformed and the gas turned on. What's going on? An interesting story. Joan Blondell, Steven Elliott, Dorothy Hart, Oliver Thorndike, Martin Manulis (producer), Robert Mulligan (director), Rex Marshall (commercial spokesman), Henry Sylvern (organist), Richard Lortz (writer), Don Kennedy, George McCoy, Elliott Martin, Douglas Taylor. 29:14. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

40605. Federal Theatre Special Broadcast. June 26, 1939. NBC net. Sustaining. A program presented by the Screen Actor's Guild, the Screen Director's Guild, and the Writer's Guild. Donald Duck and Clara Cluck sing, "Ciribiribin." The program features "The Florida Wheel" written by Victor Young, Gordon Jenkins conducting. This program urges the preservation of the Federal Arts Projects, which is just about to be repealed by the Senate. Al Jolson, Dick Powell, Gale Sondergaard, Gloria Dickson, Gordon Jenkins (composer, conductor), Henry Fonda, Hugh Herbert, James Cagney, Joan Blondell, Lionel Barrymore, Patricia Morrison, Ralph Bellamy (narrator), Robert Benchley, Victor Young (composer), Walter Abel. 29:37. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

 The Chase and Sanborn Hour. December 10, 1939. Red net. Chase and Sanborn Coffee. The first tune is, "Chatterbox." Lansing Hatfield sings, "Song Of The Flame." Edgar Bergen is out sick! Charlie McCarthy reports on his condition from his bedside at St. Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles. Guest Joan Blondell and Fred MacKaye appear in, "After The Party's Gone," by Winston Miller and Michael Jackson. "Vera Vague" complains that Chivalry is dead. Bergen does two routines from the hospital. Charlie's Christmas shopping service is broke. This is Rudy's final appearance on the show as host. Rudy Vallee (host), Robert Armbruster and His Orchestra, Edgar Bergen, Dorothy Lamour, Lansing Hatfield, Joan Blondell, Fred MacKaye, Michael Jackson (writer), Winston Miller (writer), Barbara Jo Allen. 59:48. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

. Command Performance. January 10, 1943. Program #47. AFRS origination. The date above is the recording date. The first tune is, "I've Got A Touch Of Texas In My Heart.". Joan Blondell (m.c.), Dave Vaile (announcer), Connie Haines, Bob Nolan, The Sons Of The Pioneers, Roy Rogers, Benny Carter and His Orchestra, The Special Services Division Orchestra, Meredith Willson (conductor). 28:45. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

. Command Performance. January 23, 1943. Program #49. AFRS origination. The date above is the recording date. The program starts with Ginny Simms singing, "You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To.". Bob Hope (m.c.); Lena Horne; Carlos Ramirez; Ginny Simms; Joan Blondell; Ken Carpenter (announcer); The Bombardiers;. 29:05. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

. The Gulf Screen Guild Theatre. December 31, 1939. CBS net. Revue. Gulf. A variety show. Eddie tries to fix Gene up with a date with Joan. Roger Pryor (host), Eddie Cantor, Gene Autry, Joan Blondell, Martha O'Driscoll, Oscar Bradley and His Orchestra. 29:32. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

. The Jerry Lester Show. November 11, 1943. CBS net origination (?), AFRS rebroadcast. Jerry's going to appear on Broadway in, "Jackpot." Will guest Joan Blondell appear as his leading lady? AFRS replacing "The Frank Morgan-Fanny Brice Show." The date is approximate. Jerry Lester, Ray Sinatra and His Orchestra, Vera Holly (vocal), Joan Blondell, Fred Uttal (announcer), Jim Backus, Ethel Smith (music fill). 30:37. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

Robert Smits

On 9/19/2020 5:05 PM, Mike Thomas via groups.io wrote:
Hello folks,

I am looking for these specific shows for a project. I cannot find them on the hubs or in the library. If you have time to look through your stuff and find one of these i would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mike in Medford

Mike, it looks like I have two of these shows - I Want a Divorce dated 41-04-04 and Screen Guild Theatre dated 39-12-31. Where can I upload them for you?
Bob

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1671) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [rsmits@...]

_._,_._,_
--
Bob Smits,rsmits@...

Joe Webb

Edited

The Suspense TV show "Vacancy for Death" is at
https://youtu.be/XsdseFWsJis

--

bob_pedersen@...

[...]

wow. thanks a lot Bob.

Much appreciated

On Monday, September 21, 2020, 12:41:09 PM PDT, <bob_pedersen@...> wrote:

Here are four of them:

Hollywood on the Air

Chase and Sanborn Hour

I Want a Divorce (Feb. 14, 1941)

Theater of Romance

Regards,

Bob Pedersen

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:05 PM

[...]

Thanks Joe,

I wasnt paying attention. This was in Goldens files. Just didnt catch that it was a tv ep.

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 03:21:02 AM PDT, Joe Webb via groups.io <drjoewebb@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

The Suspense TV show "Vacancy for Death" is at
https://youtu.be/XsdseFWsJis

--

Mike Thomas

Rbert,

how about pcloud or dropbox or sync?

Thanks

Mike

On 9/21/2020 1:31 PM, Mike Thomas via groups.io wrote:
Rbert,

how about pcloud or dropbox or sync?

Thanks

Mike

On Saturday, September 19, 2020, 11:01:00 PM PDT, Robert Smits <rsmits@...> wrote:

I don't use any of these as far as I know. What address do you want me to upload to?

Mike, it looks like I have two of these shows - I Want a Divorce dated 41-04-04 and Screen Guild Theatre dated 39-12-31. Where can I upload them for you?

Bob

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1671) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [rsmits@...]

--
Bob Smits,rsmits@...

Mike Thomas

Joe,

I happened to look through my suspense kinescopes and i have it! My lucky day!