Topics

Michael Shayne unknown show

Richard Davenport

I think I may have a show that is not on any list I have checked for Michael Shayne. If anyone can confirm or clarify my reality on this please let me know.   It is attached below. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

John Gassman

Hi,
I have it acording to my files.
JohnAt 12:07 AM 11/19/2020, you wrote:
I think I may have a show that is not on any list I have checked for Michael Shayne. If anyone can confirm or clarify my reality on this please let me know.   It is attached below. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas
Content-Type: audio/mpeg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Michael Shayne 50-01-04 (Xx) Case"
 Of The Bayou Monster (Repeat).mp3"
Content-ID: <48024258-03da-ff3b-6811-a38ddc598f67@...>

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

Scott Mahan

Have to check it minute by minute this weekend to see if there’s anything to differentiate it from Michael_Shayne_48-11-06_ep19_Case_of_the_Bayou_Monster.mp3 so as to substantiate its attestation of “repeat”. I don’t remember, off hand, if Michael Shayne had trailers or anything that would help.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Davenport
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 2:08 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Michael Shayne unknown show

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

Jim Jones

Richard
I do not know if it is a rebroadcast or someone had dated it incorrectly. I listened to the intro (The announcer says “The Case of the Bayou Monster” and tested a couple of spots in the middle. It is exactly the same as MS 49-08-20 (016) TCOT Bayou Monster. The 1949 show I have is MUCH better quality.

jj

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:07 AM

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

Ryan Ellett

OTRR has not done a release of this series; might be a fun project for someone to take on!
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 07:50:47 AM CST, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Richard
I do not know if it is a rebroadcast or someone had dated it incorrectly. I listened to the intro (The announcer says “The Case of the Bayou Monster” and tested a couple of spots in the middle. It is exactly the same as MS 49-08-20 (016) TCOT Bayou Monster. The 1949 show I have is MUCH better quality.

jj

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

Jim Jones

Here is a footnote from Jerry Haendiges site. This pertains to the Jeff Chandler series entitled “The new Adventures of Michael Shayne”

88215B   "THE CASE OF THE HAUNTED          2  07-22-48  :25:22  Frank Lovejoy.  Note: There were only
         BRIDE"                                                 26 syndicated episodes ever produced.
                                                                These episodes were aired over many
                                                                different stations, days and times
                                                                beginning May of 1948.  The 1949
                                                                Mutual series is the only run we've
                                                                been able to varify actual dates using
                                                                AFRS records and our run of
                                                                transcription discs.  This series was
                                                                used in the original Mutual order for
                                                                the AFRS series.
The dates on his log for “The New Adv of Michael Shayne” predate the dates on episodes I have. His run from 07-22-48 to 10-29-49. The dates in my collection run almost 1 year later 05-07-49 to 10-29-49. These are probably the dates from the 1949 mutual series mentioned above. As the show was in syndication we will probably get many different dates for the same show.

As I previously mentioned, I think that it would clarify the listings if we listed the shows by actor (like Sherlock Holmes) instead of grouping them all together.
Suggested:
  • 1945-47 Michael Shayne, Private Detective (Walley Maher)
  • 1948- 49 The New Adventures of Michael Shayne (Jeff Chandler)
  • 1950 – ? The Adventures of Michael Shayne (Vincent Howard)
My collection contains 29 Wally Maher and 26 Jeff Chandler episodes. All in Excellent quality
I have 1 Vincent Howard episode VG qual

jj

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:56 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Michael Shayne unknown show

OTRR has not done a release of this series; might be a fun project for someone to take on!
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 07:50:47 AM CST, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Richard

jj

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

Jim Jones

I have received one request for my Michael Shayne radio shows. I have uploaded them and they are available on the cloud.

In addition to the radio shows I also have the 7 Lloyd Nolan "Michael Shane Movies" which I will be glad to share if anyone wants them. Nolan plays Shayne not as a gritty hard-boiled detective, but a little more light hearted. These are fun movies to watch.
  • 1. Michael Shayne, Private Detective (1940).avi   
  • 2. Sleepers West (1941).mp4 
  • 3. Dressed to Kill (1941).mp4  
  • 4. Blue, White And Perfect (1942).mp4  
  • 5. The Man Who Would Not Die (1942).mp4   
  • 6. Just Off Broadway (1942).mp4       
  • 7. Time to Kill (1942).mp4   
jj

Damon Fries

Hi Jim - I would be interested in seeing the files - never seen the movie version but Shayne is my favorite OTR detective 

Sent via mobile phone

On 19 Nov 2020, at 17:31, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

I have received one request for my Michael Shayne radio shows. I have uploaded them and they are available on the cloud.

In addition to the radio shows I also have the 7 Lloyd Nolan "Michael Shane Movies" which I will be glad to share if anyone wants them. Nolan plays Shayne not as a gritty hard-boiled detective, but a little more light hearted. These are fun movies to watch.
jj

Philip Atchley

Hi,

I would be interested in the MS movies, thank you.

PS, it would be best if I could Dl them individually rather than a single combined zip file as my slow DSL often causes 'really large' files to crash part way through the DL process :(

Again, thank you.

<>< 73 From "The Beaconeer's Lair" <><
Specializing in DXing NDBs (Longwave Beacons)
Phil, KO6BB, http://www.qsl.net/ko6bb/
KO6BB/B beacon, ~20W on 28.290 MHz, Ringo Vertical

On 11/19/2020 4:31 PM, Jim Jones wrote:

* 1. Michael Shayne, Private Detective (1940).avi
* 2. Sleepers West (1941).mp4
* 3. Dressed to Kill (1941).mp4
* 4. Blue, White And Perfect (1942).mp4
* 5. The Man Who Would Not Die (1942).mp4
* 6. Just Off Broadway (1942).mp4
* 7. Time to Kill (1942).mp4

jj
_._,_._,_

Kevin Karweck

Hi, I would be interested in both!

Kevin

On Nov 19, 2020, at 11:31 AM, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

jj

jackies@tularosa.net

I would love to have both sets. My son, his wife and I love anything to
do with Old time Radio. Can you send the download link as I don't have a
cloud account.

With the Love of YESHUA (JESUS) THE MESSIAH
Jacquelyn A. Schlageter
Romans 1:16
A Jew for JESUS

BrianWest2@...

I also would be interested in both

Brian

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, Nov 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Kevin

jj

Richard Davenport

Jim,
Please post the link to the Michael Shayne shows you uploaded. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 1:01:01 PM CST, BrianWest2 via groups.io <brianwest2@...> wrote:

I also would be interested in both

Brian

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, Nov 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Kevin

jj

Eliyahu Levin

I'd appreciate the share!