From: Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 14, 2020 2:31 pm
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] My Friend Irma Comic Strips

If anyone has access to one of the newspaper databases and is interested in getting some of the My Friend Irma comic strips for our future Irma release, they would be a nice addition. It was a daily strip and the earliest one I've found so far (just looking in an Oakland paper) is September 11, 1950 (though newspaper.com does not have that particular issue).

Ryan

Buddy Lortie

I said:
> Strippers Guide says the earliest known (as of 2015) ran in the New York Post starting October 2, 1950,

I see it started September 11, 1950 in the Chicago Daily News and was in The Morning Call on August 23 1952 so except for a holiday here or there, all should be available

Art Lortie

Buddy Lortie

My meager sampling of Irma strips --

https://ilovecomixarchive.box.com/s/jfkby8am742rhta8m6mzpve9jts3zvu3

Art Lortie

Ryan Ellett

Cool! Thanks, Art. Here's the debut strip, hope everyone can see it.