Topics

New member's observation

willy b <wcw57@...>

I just got here.  You guys are amazing.
I was wondering if it is my device or your posting parameters that make it difficult (for me) to follow thread responses.  There seems to be a repetition of posted responses....that is, I believe, because when people respond via email they leave the original message attached so IT is posted with a response.  Am I correct here or is it some tech issue on my part?
Anyhow, looking forward to drinking from your well of knowledge....
Bill

Larry Maupin

Hello Bill.  Welcome to the group, and and thank you for posting and saying hello to everybody.  You must like old-time radio comedy.  I think it was Joe Penner who was always asking "Wanna buy a duck?", but I don't remember whether he had his own show or was more a guest on other programs.

As for difficulty following thread responses, I have that too.  Sometimes I wonder who the most resent poster is responding to.  But usually it becomes clear if you take a minute to sort it out.  My own practice is only to reply to the most recent message in a thread.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Thursday December 10 2020 4:20:42PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] New member's observation

I was wondering if it is my device or your posting parameters that make it difficult (for me) to follow thread responses.  There seems to be a repetition of posted responses...that is, I believe, because when people respond via email they leave the original message attached so IT is posted with a response.  Am I correct here or is it some tech issue on my part?
Bill

--
Larry Maupin

Ryan Ellett

Hi Bill,
Yes, most people probably respond via email which can lead to some long postings if people don't cut off some of the previous postings. I try to just leave the post I'm replying to and delete everything else to make it easier to read.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 03:20:42 PM CST, willy b via groups.io <wcw57@...> wrote:

I was wondering if it is my device or your posting parameters that make it difficult (for me) to follow thread responses.  There seems to be a repetition of posted responses....that is, I believe, because when people respond via email they leave the original message attached so IT is posted with a response.  Am I correct here or is it some tech issue on my part?
Bill

Chandler McGuire

Hi

Richard Davenport

Typically when folks respond to a thread the responses are added to the base of the message and it builds down from there...Some threads have gotten truly insane. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 5:46:18 PM CST, Chandler McGuire <chandlermcguire16@...> wrote:

Hi