New Reddit community

Ryan Ellett

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Hi Ryan.  I just tried to join by clicking on your link, but apparently I was not on the Reddit platform.  The system accepted my username and password, but when I clicked on the "Next" button nothing happened.

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Yes, you do have to create a Reddit account. You can then join any number of groups, or communities. I think the platform skews younger than Facebook so should get a different set of eyeballs.

On Sunday, February 5, 2023, 07:12:33 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan.  I just tried to join by clicking on your link, but apparently I was not on the Reddit platform.  The system accepted my username and password, but when I clicked on the "Next" button nothing happened.

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Thank you for letting me know that.  Perhaps I will try to join again even though my first attempt did not succeed.

Larry

Yes, you do have to create a Reddit account. You can then join any number of groups, or communities. I think the platform skews younger than Facebook so should get a different set of eyeballs.

On Sunday, February 5, 2023, 07:12:33 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan.  I just tried to join by clicking on your link, but apparently I was not on the Reddit platform.  The system accepted my username and password, but when I clicked on the "Next" button nothing happened.

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Eric Floden

Anyone have any tips for joining Reddit? I too tried some time ago and was not successful. Not sure why.

Thanks

ef

Ryan Ellett

This sounds strange. I created my account a couple years ago and thought it was just a matter of creating a username and password. Then I could browse through and find interesting communities. Maybe it's changed?

On Sunday, February 5, 2023, 08:43:23 AM CST, Eric Floden <eric.f99999@...> wrote:

Anyone have any tips for joining Reddit? I too tried some time ago and was not successful. Not sure why.

Thanks

ef

Alicia Williams

It definitely works if you have a Reddit account already. I clicked the link and was able to then click Join on the landing page.

~ Alicia

On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 8:37 AM Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Thank you for letting me know that.  Perhaps I will try to join again even though my first attempt did not succeed.

Larry

Yes, you do have to create a Reddit account. You can then join any number of groups, or communities. I think the platform skews younger than Facebook so should get a different set of eyeballs.

On Sunday, February 5, 2023, 07:12:33 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan.  I just tried to join by clicking on your link, but apparently I was not on the Reddit platform.  The system accepted my username and password, but when I clicked on the "Next" button nothing happened.

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Scott Mahan

Joined

We've added an Old Time Radio Researchers community to Reddit, so if you're on that platform please join! There seem to be very few OTR-focused areas there.

Ryan