Topics

Old Time Radio Researchers Purchasing Group - Update on CBSRMT and Fibber McGee & Molly Projects

David Oxford

Scott, and interested OTRRPG & OTRR members:

You’re correct that I haven’t got out a distro in several months. Mea culpa!

I’m working to complete my CBSRMT and Fibber McGee & Molly Projects. I’ve spent almost two years on these projects! Whew!

There are 1409 files (1399 CBSRMT episodes with some AFRTS partial episodes). I think I’m going to start releasing the files in distros of 100-200 files each. (Depends somewhat on file size which depends on how many lossless files I have). There will be mp3 files and a lossless format (probably FLAC) for each corresponding episode if one is available). I still need to time correct some of Ken Long’s files that we’re using which will take another month or so. Most of the first 200 files only have my lossless as there aren’t very many for Ken’s files in this range. I’ll continue on to finish the project, releasing a couple hundred files per distro.

I apologize for the recent lack of distros. I’ve been working hard but it is a long project. I had a very few other files to offer up a distro in the interim.

There will be plenty of files with the Joe Hehn project and the Steve Kelez project being in progress. It’ll take time, though.

David Oxford
OTRRPG moderator

On Feb 8, 2021, at 10:43, Scott Galley via groups.io <scottgalley@...> wrote:

Hi all. I just realised this morning that I haven't had a distro form the OTRRPG in quite a while. I think my membership dues are all paid up. If they're not, no one informed me.

So... is it my imagination, or has the OTRRPG gone missing in action for the last little while?

Scott

Scott Galley

Ugh! I hope I didn't come off sounding like a real jerk; I was just a little fearful that the group had folded and I had missed the email.

Good to hear things are in the queue – Lord knows I've enough to listen to for three lifetimes, so there's no rush. Just glad to know all is chugging along nicely.

Best;
Scott