Topics

Other REEL-TO-REEL Purchases

David Lee Smith

Here are the other Reel-to-Reels that I picked up at .50 cents each bidding and $5.15 "Buy It Now."

Dealer showed:
"Radio Recording on Reel to Reel from KDTH in Dubuque,IA.

We have acquired a large collection of 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's radio reel to reel recordings. Some are the only known copies to exist."

(On Box "283")
The JACK BENNY STORY 1 1/2 Hours (Side 1)
The JACK BENNY STORY 1 1/2 Hours (Side 2)
KFI ANNIVERSARY W/ JIM JORDON 45 min. (?)
(S2, RT) The HAL PEARY SHOW
STARR OF SPACE

("277")
OUR MISS BROOKS 180 Cap Mod (?)
IL
10/2/49 Short one Athletic Uniform
plus 11 others (All listed)
Also on box: "slight scratch on some !"
and in red "IMPORTANT !!!! Do not list or trage this tape !!! Do not even talk about it !!! secrecy will determine if I can get more" (HaHa - DLS)

OUR MISS BROOKS REEL 2152 with 8 episodes

CORLISS ARCHER 13 episodes, with one episode each of
THOSE WEBSTERS "Emiles Girl Friend" (Willard Waterman replaced Harold Peary on "The Great Gildersleeve" (1950 to 1957)) and
MAUDIE'S DIARY "Mothers Day Present"

REEL #6-1247 (also #332) SUSPENSE with 11 episodes

("271")
GUNSMOKE MASTER 3 3/4 LPS with 16 episodes with 9 grades as "E" (excellent) and the other 7 as "VG"

REEL 384 (also on box "#157" and "Recorded for: Mr. Bill ZWACK HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL Reel 348 Jan. 1972 By: Dr. P. Kimball." All the reels were probably made at time time.)
HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL with 12 episodes

(#63)
(Front of box shows SIDE 2) ARMSTRONG of the SBI "Deadliest of the Species"
SOUND of DARKNESS S. African "Power Spells Danger" (Listed in Library 09/15/1967)
MYSTERIOUS TRAVELER "I Won't Die Alone" (Listed - DLS)
PHIL HARRIS "Remly & Phil try to get rid of Willie"

Back of the box list 7 CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT episodes

("292")
LUX RADIO THEATRE with 7 episodes (Cassablanca, The Fat Man, State Fair, SAM SPADE - "April+Eve Caper" (& Lucy+Desi), I Never Left Home, "The Red Headed Woman" (Lucy+Desi), King Soloman's Mines, "Mr. Keen Murder at a Mile a Minute" (Listed - DLS)

("294")
Misc. with LUX ("Viva Zapata"), ESCAPE ("The Game"), LUX ("National Velvet"), ROMANCE ("China Run"), LUX ("Jane Eyre"), The LINEUP ("The Cigar-Box Bandit")

REEL #5203 ("This Reel Recorded Especially for BILL ZWACK")
CHALLENGE of the YUKON (Sergeant Preston) #4 with 12 episodes (11/08/1950 to 12/06/1950)

REEL 560 all FORD THEATER (all 60 min.)
"Laura," "The Late Christopher Bean," "My Sister Eileen," "Arrowsmith"

REEL #145 (also Reel D)
(On front of box)
ZERO HOUR #5 "But, I Don't Want to Die There"
#6 "Dead Mans Tale"
(on Back of box)
The RIGHT To HAPPINESS ("Possibly Last Program")
GILDERSLEEVE (Hum (probably meaning the sound quality) "Weight Problem"
GILDERSLEEVE "Alice's Brother"
The WHISTLER "I'll Trade You Murder"
The WHISTLER "Quiet Suicide"
THE WHISTLER (? Abit Ambition Periless")

ENJOY OLD TIME RADIO SHOWS - David Lee Smith

C. Nava

Wow!!!

#6 "Dead Mans Tale"
(on Back of box)
The RIGHT To HAPPINESS ("Possibly Last Program")
GILDERSLEEVE (Hum (probably meaning the sound quality) "Weight Problem"
GILDERSLEEVE "Alice's Brother"
The WHISTLER "I'll Trade You Murder"
The WHISTLER "Quiet Suicide"
THE WHISTLER (? Abit Ambition Periless")

ENJOY OLD TIME RADIO SHOWS - David Lee Smith

Joe Webb

Many of these episodes are out
BUT
I have been transferring reels of Suspense from that era and finding AFRS recordings that fell out of circulation, parts of pairs of East and West broadcasts, airchecks, and other things
AND in the NY run from 1959-1962 found some airchecks with local commercials, complete programs where only edited recordings were circulating before
So any time you can get reels from this era, there can often be some good finds!
You can only find out but transferring them.
If you need assistance transferring, I can help!
Can you send me the Suspense list?

--

Ian Grieve

That is good news Joe.  It is funny how shows fall out of circulation.

Ian

I have been transferring reels of Suspense from that era and finding AFRS recordings that fell out of circulation, parts of pairs of East and West broadcasts, airchecks, and other things
AND in the NY run from 1959-1962 found some airchecks with local commercials, complete programs where only edited recordings were circulating before
So any time you can get reels from this era, there can often be some good finds!
You can only find out but transferring them.
If you need assistance transferring, I can help!
Can you send me the Suspense list?

David, have you figured out a way to get these reels digitized?

Ryan