From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 7:58 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] OTR Connections

As a light-hearted post I wanted to hear from others. While out on my morning run I saw a restaurant that, years ago (about 20), was called Molly McGee's. It could have been pure coincidence. There also was a Goodman Ace Hardware in Kansas City; I took a picture of it once when I drove by. I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure it's there anymore.

Are there any establishments in your area that are a callback in some way to old time radio?
Ryan

Scott Galley

Archie, there's nothing in Toronto that I can think of that harkens back to OTR.. at least not American OTR. Although not a location, at the base of the CBC we have the keyboard that was used in the very popular Canadian OTR show called "The Happy Gang". It's a sweet little display, along with Transcription Recording Machines, etc;

...and I was just reading a blog post about 'Lone Ranger' Restaurants. I don't remember any of these up in Canada; at least not in Montreal, where I grew up. Maybe Le Ranger Solitaire? Hmmmmmmm....

Yours faithfully,
Scott

Ian Grieve

We have a Bar/Restaurant called 'Fibbers'.  Of course they had no idea when I asked them about 15 years ago when they opened, about the origins of the name.

Ian

As a light-hearted post I wanted to hear from others. While out on my morning run I saw a restaurant that, years ago (about 20), was called Molly McGee's. It could have been pure coincidence. There also was a Goodman Ace Hardware in Kansas City; I took a picture of it once when I drove by. I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure it's there anymore.

Are there any establishments in your area that are a callback in some way to old time radio?

We have a local band called Floyd the Barber and I got excited when I first heard the name, thinking of Great Gildersleeve. I learned later it was also a character from the Andy Griffith Show, so that is the most likely namesake.
Ryan

Stan Marchand

How about Rexall Drug Stores?