Topics

otrDB Windows Version now 64 bit

Wild West Designs

Finally got the database program that I've been working on to be 64 bit on Windows.

I will leave this link good for the rest of the year.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DfmmmQLWk3k3dgpbJa_BKwvONWDSCada?usp=sharing

The Linux version has always been 64 bit as not many Linux distros left that are 64 bit and MS has stopped building 32bit ISOs of Win 10.  Now 64bit Windows still has 32 bit libs in there (for atleast the time being, but I think the writing is on the wall with that as well).

So for anyone that wants to try out the Windows versions needs to have 64 bit (as long as I did my build process correctly).  Also, may have to allow the program to run since this is an unsigned copy.

I'm including the Linux build in this shared folder as well.  2 caveats for Linux users.  1 need to make sure that you have Gstreamer on your computer for the audio portion of the program.  And 2, I compiled this program against Ubuntu Studio 20.10, so need to make sure that your distro of Linux is no older then that version.

I appreciate any and all feedback for improving the program to make it better.

Ryan, if you want, post this up on the Facebook page as well to let those folks know about it.

Unfortunately, while I did use a cross platform framework (Qt)  and it can be compiled to work on Mac, due to Apple's EULA about only being able to build for their platform on their platform and in their "transitional state" to Silicon (more to do with their EULA), there is no Apple build.

Brian Kavanaugh

I get the following errors trying to launch the Windows version. I am running Windows 10, so 64-bit.

---------------------------
otrDB.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The code execution cannot proceed because libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
---------------------------
otrDB.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The code execution cannot proceed because libstdc++-6.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
OK

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 3:33 PM Wild West Designs <evan@...> wrote:
[...]

Should be fixed now.

Those are two of three dlls that I have to pull in manually during the build process for Windows.  I'll have to revise my script on that.

Thanks.

I have the new version on the drive now.

Evan