Topics

OTRR Curated Collection #2

Paul Kornman

Larry Maupin has put together the 2nd OTRR Curated Collection: "Final Episodes of Old-Time Radio Programs". Here's the link: https://www.otrr.org/OTRRLibrary/curated/curated002.html

- Paul

Larry Maupin

I hope everyone who receives this message will click on the link Paul has provided.  It will take you to the collection document he has formatted with a spreadsheet showing all 22 episodes in the set with dates, titles and brief summaries.  To listen to any one of them, just single click on the title and then on the "play" icon that comes up.  The program will begin immediately.   

Most of these are full length with music included, and quite a few even have commercials.  Thank you to all the members of this group who helped me find the correct final episodes and to get the facts as straight as possible.

If you have a comment after looking everything over, please post it.

Larry   

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Saturday January 9 2021 5:45:15PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] OTRR Curated Collection #2

Larry Maupin has put together the 2nd OTRR Curated Collection: "Final Episodes of Old-Time Radio Programs". Here's the link: https://www.otrr.org/OTRRLibrary/curated/curated002.html

- Paul

--
Larry Maupin

Gordon Johansen

Thanks for doing this Larry and Paul. I've been listening to a few of these and have noticed that every ending has been cut off so far. It seems to be only a few minutes worth but of course, I can't really tell.

The episodes I've checked so far are as follows:
I Love Adventure
Have Gun, Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Ghost Corps

I'm pretty sure this was not what was intended so I thought I should let you know. I've been clicking the link and just playing them that way after saving the file. Playing the saved file gives the same result so it is not something going on with the built in player.

Hope this helps,

Gord

Larry Maupin wrote on 1/09/21 5:06 PM:

I hope everyone who receives this message will click on the link Paul has provided.  It will take you to the collection document he has formatted with a spreadsheet showing all 22 episodes in the set with dates, titles and brief summaries.  To listen to any one of them, just single click on the title and then on the "play" icon that comes up.  The program will begin immediately.   

Most of these are full length with music included, and quite a few even have commercials.  Thank you to all the members of this group who helped me find the correct final episodes and to get the facts as straight as possible.

Larry   

Cc:

- Paul

--
Larry Maupin

Larry Maupin

Hello Gord,

After I digitized the cassettes of the 22 episodes in the collection I went back and listened to each of them to take notes for the summaries.  I did notice that several were cut off before the ending, but only a few. I re-digitized Gunsmoke because at the end Matt ponders what to do with the rest of his life, making the conclusion essential.  It's a great episode, by the way.

The collection is complete as it stands.  If Paul thinks changes need to be made I will work with him, but I sincerely wish that more members of this group would curate their own collections.  Some have far better technical skills than I have, and I will be happy to work with anyone who wants to give it a try.  The only thing I really do well is write, but that can come in handy if someone else wants to curate a collection and needs help writing the episode summaries and preparing the document to send to Paul.

Thank you Gord for your gracious comments and your always valuable insights.

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Sunday January 17 2021 1:37:21PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] OTRR Curated Collection #2

Thanks for doing this Larry and Paul. I've been listening to a few of these and have noticed that every ending has been cut off so far. It seems to be only a few minutes worth but of course, I can't really tell.

The episodes I've checked so far are as follows:
I Love Adventure
Have Gun, Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Ghost Corps

I'm pretty sure this was not what was intended so I thought I should let you know. I've been clicking the link and just playing them that way after saving the file. Playing the saved file gives the same result so it is not something going on with the built in player.

Hope this helps,

Gord

Larry Maupin wrote on 1/09/21 5:06 PM:

Larry   

Cc:

- Paul

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin