Topics

Philip Marlowe listeners

Ryan Ellett

One of the next series on tap is Philip Marlowe. Dr. Joe Webb has provided ~110 episodes in this set which is a lot for one or two people to listen to. This is a classic P.I. program and you'd like to listen to a group of 4-5 episodes to compare with story info on sources such as Goldin and Haendiges, let me know. 
Ryan

Allan Foster

I’d help listen Ryan.

Allan Foster

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 8:49 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

One of the next series on tap is Philip Marlowe. Dr. Joe Webb has provided ~110 episodes in this set which is a lot for one or two people to listen to. This is a classic P.I. program and you'd like to listen to a group of 4-5 episodes to compare with story info on sources such as Goldin and Haendiges, let me know. 
Ryan

Tim Germain

I can help listen too, Ryan.

Tim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz@...>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 8:51 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Philip Marlowe listeners

I’d help listen Ryan.

Allan Foster

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 8:49 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Brian Kavanaugh

I'd be glad to help with this.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:01 AM Tim Germain <tim_germain@...> wrote:
I can help listen too, Ryan.

Tim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 8:51 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Philip Marlowe listeners

I’d help listen Ryan.

Allan Foster

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 8:49 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ryan

adam

I'd be interested. How soon would you need the information back?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/27/20 7:45 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Philip Marlowe listeners

Ryan

M Myers

Ryan: I would love to be a listener for these as well.

On Apr 27, 2020, at 10:19 AM, adam <adam@...> wrote:

Ryan

Corey Harker

Hi Ryan,

I'd like to help out and listen.

Thanks,

Corey Harker

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 8:46 AM

Ryan

John Nicholson

I’m up for some listening.

John

On Apr 27, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz@...> wrote:

I’d help listen Ryan.

Allan Foster

Ryan

John Nicholson

I’m up for some listening, Ryan.

John Nicholson

Ryan Ellett

Thanks, Adam. A couple weeks is fine, we've got a couple other series head of this one to be released. Here is a batch of shows, let me know if you want more later.

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 09:19:04 AM CDT, adam <adam@...> wrote:

Ryan

Patrick Andre

Please let me listen to some of those!  Thanks!

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 06:46

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Somehow I thought there'd be a wee bit of interest in listening to this show!
Thanks everyone, plenty of episodes for others.
Ryan

K & J Hammel

I like those hard boiled detective shows, so count me in if you need listening help.

Kathy

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 06:45:56 AM PDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Larry Gassman

I have at least three sets of this series.
I just looked at Joe's set and it is very very good and comparable to what I have, so when released, I think everyone will be very happy with the drastically improved sound.
Larry

At 06:45 AM 4/27/2020, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
Ryan

Larry Gassman

I just looked at Joe's set and it is very very good and comparable to what I have, so when released, I think everyone will be very happy with the drastically improved sound.
Larry

Ryan

Richard Davenport

Is there a show called Philip Marlow and the Adventures Of Philip Marlow?  I have both under each name in the same directory and wanted to make sure each was not a separate show....

Labor ipse voluptas

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 11:12:50 AM CDT, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

I just looked at Joe's set and it is very very good and comparable to
what I have, so when released, I think everyone will be very happy
with the drastically improved sound.
Larry
>One of the next series on tap is Philip Marlowe. Dr. Joe Webb has
>provided ~110 episodes in this set which is a lot for one or two
>people to listen to. This is a classic P.I. program and you'd like
>to listen to a group of 4-5 episodes to compare with story info on
>sources such as Goldin and Haendiges, let me know.
>Ryan
>

Ryan Ellett

I believe The Adventures of Philip Marlowe is the full title. I was being lazy...
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 11:34:38 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Is there a show called Philip Marlow and the Adventures Of Philip Marlow?  I have both under each name in the same directory and wanted to make sure each was not a separate show....

Labor ipse voluptas

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 11:12:50 AM CDT, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

I just looked at Joe's set and it is very very good and comparable to
what I have, so when released, I think everyone will be very happy
with the drastically improved sound.
Larry
>One of the next series on tap is Philip Marlowe. Dr. Joe Webb has
>provided ~110 episodes in this set which is a lot for one or two
>people to listen to. This is a classic P.I. program and you'd like
>to listen to a group of 4-5 episodes to compare with story info on
>sources such as Goldin and Haendiges, let me know.
>Ryan
>

jackies@tularosa.net

If anyone can tell me where I can find these two list (Goldin and
Haendiges,) I would be more than happy to go through some. I also have 2
able helpers with listening to them because my son and daughter in law
also love OTR and we listen to them all the time. Keeps us sane in a
world of insanity.

Jackie Schlageter

BrianWest2@...

Ryan, I can listen to a few if you need.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 27, 2020 9:45 am

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Hi Jackie,
When we reference Goldin we're referring to this site: http://www.radiogoldindex.com (you can search by show, performer, etc). When we reference Jerry Haendiges we're referring to this site: http://www.otrsite.com/radiolog/index.html 

Neither one is infallible but they are both considered pretty reliable on the whole. They can often be good starting points when you're looking for info on a series.

I will send you a link to some Marlowe shows to listen to!

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 12:03:00 PM CDT, jackies via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:

If anyone can tell me where I can find these two list (Goldin and
Haendiges,) I would be more than happy to go through some.  I also have 2
able helpers with listening to them because my son and daughter in law
also love OTR and we listen to them all the time.  Keeps us sane in a
world of insanity.

Jackie Schlageter