Topics

Philip Marlowe writer

Ryan Ellett

Does anyone who worked on the previous Adventures of Philip Marlowe set (ca. 2015) recall writing the Introduction to the show? It's about a 3-page document. I would like to credit it properly.

Ryan

Allan Foster

I believe I wrote it, and Ed edited it a bit.  At the time Jim put the set out he couldn’t remember who wrote it so my name wasn’t mentioned.  I’ll look at it to make sure.

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:06 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Does anyone who worked on the previous Adventures of Philip Marlowe set (ca. 2015) recall writing the Introduction to the show? It's about a 3-page document. I would like to credit it properly.

Ryan

Allan Foster

Hi again Ryan,

Yes, it was me who wrote it.  I just found an early draft of the introduction.  Now if I could find the set...

Allan

Ryan Ellett

Thanks, Allan, I'll get your name on it! Fame and riches will be sure to follow...

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:59:06 PM CDT, Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz@...> wrote:

Hi again Ryan,

Yes, it was me who wrote it.  I just found an early draft of the introduction.  Now if I could find the set...

Allan

Ryan Ellett

Allan,
Did you also write the Gerald Mohr biography? There is no credit on that, either.

Ryan

Allan Foster

No, I didn't.  It's too bad Ed S. isn't around any longer to ask.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if he wrote it.

Allan

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 10:33:44 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Allan,
Did you also write the Gerald Mohr biography? There is no credit on that, either.

Ryan

Allan Foster

Someone could have just "borrowed" it from another source.  I seem to recall that we did that on occasion back then.  :-)

Allan

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 10:46:13 AM CDT, Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz@...> wrote:

No, I didn't.  It's too bad Ed S. isn't around any longer to ask.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if he wrote it.

Allan

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 10:33:44 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Allan,

Ryan

_._,_._,

Ryan Ellett

It looks like Lynn Willis is credited with bios on the "credits" page along with Patrick Andre. Is Lynn still active and a member here at our new location? Maybe this is Lynn's work.
Ryan

Patrick Andre

I think I wrote the Gerald Mohr bio in 2014 if that is the one you are referring to.

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allan Foster via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 08:50
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Philip Marlowe writer

Someone could have just "borrowed" it from another source.  I seem to recall that we did that on occasion back then.  :-)

Allan

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 10:46:13 AM CDT, Allan Foster via groups.io <allanpqz@...> wrote:

Allan

Allan,

Ryan

_._,_._,

Ryan Ellett

Yes, it's the bio from the latest set up on Archive.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 12:24:35 PM CDT, Patrick Andre <pat@...> wrote:

I think I wrote the Gerald Mohr bio in 2014 if that is the one you are referring to.

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allan Foster via groups.io

Allan

Allan

Allan,

Ryan

_._,_._,

Mike Thomas

Send the bio. I wrote Jack Webb's for dragnet and William Gargans for his show. Gerald Mohr hmm. I did help Ed on almost the detective shows he which he loved. Actually Van Heflin started out as the lead for like 10 shows if I remember right.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM, Patrick Andre
<pat@...> wrote:

~Patrick

Allan

Allan

Allan,

Ryan

_._,_._,