Topics

Proof listeners

Ryan Ellett

Joe said it was okay to put out feelers. I have been slowly digitizing reels from the reel-to-reel collection we bought from Radio Archives. This is totally separate from the Joe Hehn collection that is being processed. For now I am generally labeling the shows with the info provided on the reel's box insert. Sometimes it has series, date, and show title, other times just a series name. Dates and such may or may not be accurate. I do not have time to listen to each program and verify the date and show title (if any).

Is anyone interested in helping with this task?

A reel has anywhere from 1 to 6 hours of material on it, 6 is the most common. I'd probably send the content of a reel or two at a time. All files for now are in .wav format. They have not been cleaned or edited yet. You need to have reliable internet; one reel is probably 1-2 GB. On vacation I'm getting through 2-3 reels per day. When I'm working, maybe 2-3 reels per week. Content is all over, from mysteries to dramas to comedies to gossip shows. Email me at OldRadioTimes@...
Ryan

Richard Davenport

Ryan, if you want me to archive the digitizations I can.  I have ample space.  I have giga-speed so downloads would go pretty fast.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 8:59:46 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Joe said it was okay to put out feelers. I have been slowly digitizing reels from the reel-to-reel collection we bought from Radio Archives. This is totally separate from the Joe Hehn collection that is being processed. For now I am generally labeling the shows with the info provided on the reel's box insert. Sometimes it has series, date, and show title, other times just a series name. Dates and such may or may not be accurate. I do not have time to listen to each program and verify the date and show title (if any).

A reel has anywhere from 1 to 6 hours of material on it, 6 is the most common. I'd probably send the content of a reel or two at a time. All files for now are in .wav format. They have not been cleaned or edited yet. You need to have reliable internet; one reel is probably 1-2 GB. On vacation I'm getting through 2-3 reels per day. When I'm working, maybe 2-3 reels per week. Content is all over, from mysteries to dramas to comedies to gossip shows. Email me at OldRadioTimes@...
Ryan

Larry Gassman

Ryan,

I’d be happy to help.

Also I will send along the two additional Christmas Sing with Bing shows this weekend.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:00 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Proof listeners

Ryan

adam

Ryan,

I’d be interested in helping.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:59 PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Proof listeners

Ryan

Damon Fries

I can help a bit…. I’m actually enjoying identifying a lot of the nameless or mis-labelled episodes of the Hehn shows I’m working on.  

Damon

On 24 Dec 2020, at 03:59, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Ryan

Ryan Ellett

I have a list of seven interested listeners:

Ed Ehrbek

Damon Fries 

Ed Baker

Adam

John Nicholson

Larry Gassman

Richard Davenport

I'm testing it out with a couple people right now, and I don't want to get into the logistics of managing seven different listeners yet. But I've got these people on the list so that when we really begin to hit the Radio Archives reels hard, we'll have individuals lined up to work on confirming dates and titles for the programs. Thank you all!
Ryan

ehrbek

Ryan
Not to be picky but my last name is Hrbek not Ehrbek

-----------------------------------------

Cc:
Sent: Tuesday December 29 2020 9:05:07AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Proof listeners

Ed Ehrbek

Damon Fries 

Ed Baker

Adam

John Nicholson

Larry Gassman

Richard Davenport

I'm testing it out with a couple people right now, and I don't want to get into the logistics of managing seven different listeners yet. But I've got these people on the list so that when we really begin to hit the Radio Archives reels hard, we'll have individuals lined up to work on confirming dates and titles for the programs. Thank you all!
Ryan

Ryan Ellett

Will change my notes, sir! Thank you for the correction.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 09:19:28 AM CST, ehrbek <ehrbek@...> wrote:

Ryan
Not to be picky but my last name is Hrbek not Ehrbek

-----------------------------------------

Cc:
Sent: Tuesday December 29 2020 9:05:07AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Proof listeners

Ed Ehrbek

Damon Fries 

Ed Baker

Adam

John Nicholson

Larry Gassman

Richard Davenport

Ryan