Topics

Question

jackies@tularosa.net

Does anyone remember the Minnesota School of the Air? Or know where they
can be gotten. I know that there is a site you can buy some of the shows
but I would love to find these old Shows that were used for teaching
children in Remote areas of the country in the 40's and early 50's who
could not afford a teacher for like literature, music and other subjects
that the small one room schoolhouses across the country used to increase
their curriculum. I know there was also a program that Texas and Colorado
had but don't remember their names. Does anyone have anything like this?
I work with Homeschool families and they would be great to use with
their children when they don't know how to really teach their children
these subjects.

Thanks for the help
Jackie Schlageter

Richard Davenport

I have 24 shows of the Minnesota School On The Air

On Thursday, June 25, 2020, 3:42:47 PM CDT, jackies@... via groups.io <jackies@...> wrote:

Does anyone remember the Minnesota School of the Air?  Or know where they
can be gotten.  I know that there is a site you can buy some of the shows
but I would love to find these old Shows that were used for teaching
children in Remote areas of the country in the 40's and early 50's who
could not afford a teacher for like literature, music and other subjects
that the small one room schoolhouses across the country used to increase
their curriculum.  I know there was also a program that Texas and Colorado
had but don't remember their names.  Does anyone have anything like this?
  I work with Homeschool families and they would be great to use with
their children when they don't know how to really teach their children
these subjects.

Thanks for the help
Jackie Schlageter

Corey Harker

I too would love copies of these!

Corey H.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020, 3:42 PM jackies@... via groups.io <jackies=tularosa.net@groups.io> wrote:
Does anyone remember the Minnesota School of the Air?  Or know where they
can be gotten.  I know that there is a site you can buy some of the shows
but I would love to find these old Shows that were used for teaching
children in Remote areas of the country in the 40's and early 50's who
could not afford a teacher for like literature, music and other subjects
that the small one room schoolhouses across the country used to increase
their curriculum.  I know there was also a program that Texas and Colorado
had but don't remember their names.  Does anyone have anything like this?
  I work with Homeschool families and they would be great to use with
their children when they don't know how to really teach their children
these subjects.

Thanks for the help
Jackie Schlageter

Ian Grieve

I remember 20 years ago on an OTR Share Group OTRCDME, that someone who was heavily into home schooling (might have been MissEm) put out a set of shows based around Home Schooling. They had gone to a lot of trouble collecting everything and that was the first I had heard of Minnesota School of the Air.

The chances of me finding that set in under a year are slim, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Ian

Does anyone remember the Minnesota School of the Air? Or know where they
can be gotten. I know that there is a site you can buy some of the shows
but I would love to find these old Shows that were used for teaching
children in Remote areas of the country in the 40's and early 50's who
could not afford a teacher for like literature, music and other subjects
that the small one room schoolhouses across the country used to increase
their curriculum. I know there was also a program that Texas and Colorado
had but don't remember their names. Does anyone have anything like this?
I work with Homeschool families and they would be great to use with
their children when they don't know how to really teach their children
these subjects.

Thanks for the help
Jackie Schlageter

James Wilson

I have 7 of the Minnesota School of the Air, I can share via Dropbox.

Also I have a fairly large collection of shows that others might not have. Most of it is from ottrlibrary but others are from behind paywalls.

If anyone would like to have access to my library I can grant access to it when I am back in cell phone range.

On Jun 25, 2020, at 2:37 PM, Ian Grieve <austotr@...> wrote:

[...]

That would be wonderful James!

Corey

Does anyone remember the Minnesota School of the Air? Or know where
they can be gotten. I know that there is a site you can buy some of
the shows but I would love to find these old Shows that were used for
teaching children in Remote areas of the country in the 40's and
early 50's who could not afford a teacher for like literature, music
and other subjects that the small one room schoolhouses across the
country used to increase their curriculum. I know there was also a
program that Texas and Colorado had but don't remember their names. Does anyone have anything like this?
I work with Homeschool families and they would be great to use with
their children when they don't know how to really teach their
children these subjects.

Thanks for the help
Jackie Schlageter

James Wilson

If I am missing anything I can create an upload but only to individual email addresses.

On Jun 25, 2020, at 3:30 PM, Corey Harker <corey.harker@...> wrote:

[...]

Scott Galley

I have 17, Mostly "Old Tales and New" and a couple of "Look What We Found!"

Yours faithfully,
Scott

Richard Davenport

Can you share a txt file of the episodes you have?  I can compare to mine to see if they are ones I don’t yet have.

[...]

I don't think that this was addressed to me, but the episodes that I have are:

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Look What We Found! - A Lighthouse Keeper

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - The Boy That Was Carried Away By A Bear

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - The Emperor’s New Clothes

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - The Horse Who Loved Music

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - The Three Elephants Vacation

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - Pierre The Remarkable Prairie Dog

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - Strange Occurrence in Toyland

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - The Nightingale

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - A Camel Named Cuddles

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - Old Tales and New - A Small Tribute

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - 006 - Old Tales and New - A Small Tribute

Minnesota School of the Air  19xx-xx-xx - 010 - Old Tales and New - How the Lily was Chosen

Minnesota School of the Air  1950-02-28 - Look What We Found! - Trains, Trains and More Trains

Minnesota School of the Air  1950-10-02 - Old Tales and New - A Yak at the County Fair

Minnesota School of the Air  1950-10-09 - Old Tales and New - Whitney, the Neighbourly Whale

Minnesota School of the Air  1950-12-18 - Old Tales and New - The Lost Puppy

Minnesota School of the Air  1951-01-08 - Old Tales and New - Sleeping Beauty

Yours faithfully,
Scott

Larry Gassman

Hi,

When I click this link, it says, page not found.

It is a long link and so I even went to my browser.

No luck.

Larry

Here is a link. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lybnkx37e39exi4/AAAaEHs52ekjfca-R7t7ci1Ua?dl=0

If I am missing anything I can create an upload but only to individual email addresses.

K & J Hammel

Larry,

I got the same "file not found" error message when I tried the link. Usually dropbox doesn't give me problems.

Kathy

jackies@tularosa.net

Thanks Ian. Any help is good.

Jackie

jackies@tularosa.net

I would love anything you have. Thank you so much.

Jackie

I have 7 of the Minnesota School of the Air, I can share via Dropbox.

Also I have a fairly large collection of shows that others might not have.
Most of it is from ottrlibrary but others are from behind paywalls.

If anyone would like to have access to my library I can grant access to it
when I am back in cell phone range.

jackies@tularosa.net

Scott

Those would be fantastic to get. I homeschooled my children in what they
called the Dark ages because I could not teach some thing. But the
biggest thing we didn't have computers in those days. Nor did we have the
internet. Of course they had computers then but I wasn't about to pay for
something that would take money from our Grocery Budget for something I
didn't even know anything about.

Jackie

jackies@tularosa.net

I get a 404 we cant find that page message when I click the link. Can
anyone help me?

Thank You
Jackie

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lybnkx37e39exi4/AAAaEHs52ekjfca-R7t7ci1Ua?dl=0

jackies@tularosa.net

Scott:

I just sent the question to all in the group. I would love to have what
you have.

Jackie

[...]

Even with this link I get the 404 page not found message. I don't know
what I am doing wrong because I even cut and pasted the link.

Jackie

When I click this link, it says, page not found.

It is a long link and so I even went to my browser.

No luck.

Larry

Here is a link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lybnkx37e39exi4/AAAaEHs52ekjfca-R7t7ci1Ua?dl=0

If I am missing anything I can create an upload but only to individual
email
addresses.

Ryan Ellett

I wonder if too many people were trying to grab too much stuff from the download and it overloaded whatever limits his account had?

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:55:48 AM CDT, K & J Hammel <haml@...> wrote:

Larry,

I got the same "file not found" error message when I tried the link. Usually dropbox doesn't give me problems.

Kathy

Richard Davenport

Ok,
I pulled in the WeTranfer MSOTA files and listened to them all and made sure the names were right.  Here is the new list of files.   Some of the intros list the date and a number starting with E that might be the episode # but I was not not sure.

Rick

Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Motor Boat Sound.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Naughty Mosquito.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Old Grey Goose.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Play Boo.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Ten Little Candles.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Fun With Speech - Tired Old Man.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Look What We Found - A Lighthouse Keeper.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - A Camel Named Cuddles.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Boy Was Carried Away By A Bear.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Elaine Who Couldn't Remember.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Jack And The Beanstalk.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Jonathon's Thanksgiving.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Slow Coming Winter.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Small Tribute.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - Strange Occurance In Toyland.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - The Emperor's New Clothes.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - The Horse Who Loved Music.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - The Most Famous Tree In The World.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - The Nightingale.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - The Three Elephant's Vacation.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Pierre, Remarkable Prairie Dog.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 50-02-28 - Look What We Found! - Trains, Trains And More Trains.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 50-10-09 - Old Tales & New - Whitney, The Neigborly Whale.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 50-10-16 - Old Tales & New - Billy Goat's Gruff.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 51-01-08 - Old Tales & New - Sleeping Beauty.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 51-02-19 - Old Tales & New - Washington Goes Visiting.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0000 - 51-03-26 - Old Tales & New - Lumpy's Easter.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0006 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - A Small Tribute.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0006 - 50-10-02 - Old Tales & New - A Yak At The County Fair.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0006 - 50-12-18 - Old Tales & New - The Lost Puppy.mp3
Minnesota School Of The Air - 0010 - 00-00-00 - Old Tales & New - How The Easter Lily Was Chosen.mp3

Labor ipse voluptas