Request For Information

Larry Maupin

Greetings to everyone.  I am composing an article on Young Widder Brown that follows a story line from 1951 involving Dr. Anthony Loring's trial for the murder of wealthy widower Horace Steele.  Some of the episodes I have taken notes on are in the OTRR Library collection.  They are undated, but have titles of Part 1-through-8 of "Fiancee on Trial."

The last of these ends with the trial still in progress.  I would like to have at least one episode that is either on the final day of the trial when the jury delivers a verdict (if that is available) or after the trial when its outcome has been revealed.  If anyone has such an episode I will be grateful if you can send it to me, and of course will mention you in the article as a source unless you prefer not seeing your name in print.

Thank you!

B. J. Watkins

Hi Larry,

Years ago I listened to hundreds of shows in this series so I thought I'd check out the trial. The eight shows listed in the library are not in order, you may have noticed.

Here's the order they should be listed in.

part 6: April 05, 1951. Program #3269. NBC net. Ellen Brown visits Dr. Anthony Loring in the jail on the day before the start of the trial. Meanwhile, in Connecticut, investigator Kevin Walsh tries to get Miss Scott to talk one more time.

part 5: April 06, 1951. Program #3270. NBC net. As the trial begins, Ellen Brown remains at home and is visited by reporter Tina Fitzgerald. Herbert Temple also stops by to tell Ellen about the first day of the trial. The news is not good...but then, investigator Kevin Walsh telephones.

part 8: April 09, 1951. Program #3271. NBC net. Lita Hadden stops by Ellen Brown's Tea Room to gloat (boy, is she a louse)! Ellen refuses to get angry at her taunting. Lita starts cracking up and threatens to kill Ellen, when Mariah Hawkins walks in. Dr. Anthony Loring consults with his lawyer, Herbert Temple, before the trial resumes

part 7: April 10, 1951. Program #3272. NBC net. Amanda Jordan congratulates her brother Ralph, the District Attorney, at the trial. Ellen Brown visits Dr. Anthony Loring before the trial resumes. The D. A. has introduced Ellen's packet of letters to Horace Steele as evidence.

part 1: April 18, 1951. Program #3278. NBC net. Bruce Weldon visits Ellen Brown. He warns her that the D. A. is going to show her no mercy, and that Herbert Temple, Dr. Anthony Loring's lawyer, feels that they have little chance of winning. Anthony Loring writes a letter to Ellen from jail. He admits to Norine Temple that he's depressed and very much afraid.

part 2: April 19, 1951. Program #3279. NBC net. Ellen Brown speaks with Dr. Anthony Loring before taking the stand. The prosecutor gives Ellen Brown a harsh questioning. Ellen denies writing the letter.

part 3:  April 20, 1951. Program #3280. NBC net. After the first day of testimony, young Kevin Walsh is still trying to convince Miss Scott to reveal what she knows about Lita Haddon. She still refuses, but does mention that Lita has green eyes! Despite Anthony Loring's warning, Ellen finds herself alone with Lita Haddon.

part 4: April 23, 1951. Program #3281. NBC net. Lita's eyes are greenish yellow! Dr. Anthony Loring muses with his jailer about life.

There is at least one more episode dated April 24, 1951 existing somewhere. Source is radiogoldindex. The next date he lists is January 21, 1952. I'm sure the trial has ended by then. :>)

Barbara

Greetings to everyone.  I am composing an article on Young Widder Brown that follows a story line from 1951 involving Dr. Anthony Loring's trial for the murder of wealthy widower Horace Steele.  Some of the episodes I have taken notes on are in the OTRR Library collection.  They are undated, but have titles of Part 1-through-8 of "Fiancee on Trial."

The last of these ends with the trial still in progress.  I would like to have at least one episode that is either on the final day of the trial when the jury delivers a verdict (if that is available) or after the trial when its outcome has been revealed.  If anyone has such an episode I will be grateful if you can send it to me, and of course will mention you in the article as a source unless you prefer not seeing your name in print.

Thank you!

Larry,
I have all 8 of that mini-set.

Labor ipse voluptas