Topics

RIP: Ken Piletic

Philip Atchley

*Hi,*

*The following was posted on the website http://cbsrmt.thelongtrek.com/, while not truly OTR, it is a great site for CBSRMT lovers (such as myself).
*

*Ken Piletic
*Ken passed away on Sep 3, 2020 from a heart attack. He was active in
Old Time Radio and Ham Radio. In fact, Ken was the person who originally
recorded the WBBM reels of Mystery theater which I and a small group of
enthusiasts are in the process of restoring, poccessing, and distributing. Ken
was known by many and well respected in the hobby. He will be missed.

--
<>< 73 From "The Beaconeer's Lair" <><
Specializing in DXing NDBs (Longwave Beacons)

HF/LF RADIOS:
YAESU: FTDX-101MP Xceiver, 2 SDR Receivers (~2020)
YAESU: FTDX-3000 Xceiver, DSP IF,300Hz Roofing filter (~2019).
Icom: IC-7200 Xceiver, DSP IF & filters (~2015).
Kenwood: TS-450SAT Xceiver, cascaded 250/125Hz Inrad filters.
10M Beacon: 2 x Realistic HTX-100's on 28.290MHz
HOMEBREW: 7 Tube+Rect 1v3 Regen RX for LF (built 2015)
SDRS: Perseus 10KHz-40MHz (2020)
Softrock Ensemble II LF Receiver (kit, 2017)
Softrock Ensemble II HF Receiver (Kit, 2019)
ACC: MFJ-993B Auto Antenna Matcher.
HOMEBREW LF-MF Pre-Amp, 8Hz Audio Filter.
HOMEBREW 4 Port Antenna Multicoupler, Feeds 4 RX's.
ANTENNAS: 88 foot Long Ladder-line fed dipole, 35 feet AGL for MW/SW.
Active Mini-Whip, 36 Feet AGL for LF/MW/SW.
Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop For LF/MW/SW at 17 Feet AGL
37 foot "Low Noise Vertical", 11 feet AGL for LF/MW/SW.
Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo Vertical, 14 feet AGL for 10M beacon.
Merced, Central California, 37, 18, 37N 120, 30, 6W CM97rh

Stan Marchand

My memory is a little foggy.

However I remember waking up early Sunday mornings and listening to Ken and some others on SW perhaps around 7265. I believeĀ  they were talking about OTR. Sort of the forerunner of these OTR forums.